Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Tokyo roster

https://www.usatf.org/news/2021/team...-tokyo-olympic

USATF has announced its roster for the Tokyo Olympics. Sha’Carri Richardson has not been named to the women’s 4x100m relay pool. Gabby Thomas, English Gardner and Aleia Hobbs were listed for the 4x100m relay pool.

Comment

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...lympics-relay/

Comment

Which means her agent Nehemiah isn’t the messiah many were hoping

Comment

Good. Some integrity is good.

Comment

Obviously the correct decision but what is the actual USATF rule on this. Top 6 are automatically in relay pool and anyone else on the team can be used but could Sha'Carri have technically been named only for the relay under the rules?

Comment

Maybe I'm missing something but the women's relay pools for 4x4 don't include McLaughlin, Mu, or Muhammad.... How could this be?

Comment

They're already on the team. Don't need to be named to a pool.

Comment

A massively strong team

Comment

Originally posted by Flumpy View Post
                    Top 6 are automatically in relay pool and anyone else on the team can be used but could Sha'Carri have technically been named only for the relay under the rules?

Yes. Apparently the rule was changed to allow coaches to pick two alternates irrespective of their individual event status(previously had to be a team member in some event). This came as news to me, and I'd be curious to know if anyone(perhaps polevaultpower) would know why this rule was quietly amended this year.
                    There are no strings on me

Comment

But would her being included mean someone else was bumped from the team or would she have been extra?

Comment

Originally posted by guru View Post

Yes. Apparently the rule was changed to allow coaches to pick two alternates irrespective of their individual event status(previously had to be a team member in some event). This came as news to me, and I'd be curious to know if anyone(perhaps polevaultpower) would know why this rule was quietly amended this year.
                        Was the rule changed or did USATF just decline to choose SCR for the team?

Comment

Originally posted by Flumpy View Post
                          But would her being included mean someone else was bumped from the team or would she have been extra?
                          Technically she wouldn't have bumped anyone because Gabby Thomas, who was named to the 4x100 pool, is already on the team in the 200m. By virtue of being on team USA, Thomas is technically already in the relay pool. So they could have kept her name off and had Richardson listed in the pool without anyone missing out on the team.

Comment

Originally posted by asindc View Post

Was the rule changed or did USATF just decline to choose SCR for the team?
                            The rule was changed at some point before the Trials.
                            There are no strings on me

Comment

Other than the Walks, we are just one mJTer short of a full boat.

Comment

Working...
                              X