X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 Gateshead DL2

entry lists now up:

https://london.diamondleague.com/lists-results-london/

100h looks like an OG final if no Americans showed up.

Shamier Little-Femke Bol series continues. Will they keep piling up close races and fast times?

Should one or both jump into the sad w400 meters?

Comment

Some meh fields, but I'll perk up for

mTJ - Pichardo
      wPV - Nageotte, Morris, Stef, Bradshaw
      w4H - Bol-Little III
      w200 - DAS, ETH
      mJT - Vetter, Walcott
      m100 - Bromell, DeG, Kerley
      wLJ - Mihambo, B-R, KJT
      110H - McLeod, OO, Levy, Dunning
      100H - C-Q
      m800 - Murphy, Webb, Tuka
      wMile - Hassan, Grace
      w400 - McPherson

Comment

m100 - I'll be interested to see if De Grasse shows his cards against Bromell, Kerley & the rest field. Not sure how "tapered" he will be or if he is working on specific phases of his race.
        w400H - Excited to see BOL - Little rematch.
        m100H - Revenge race for Mcleod?
        w200 - Close call
        wPV - Morris get back at Nageotte
        wMile - What will Hassan do?

Comment

Hope they time at 1500 of the Mile---this could be Grace going sub-4 for the first time!!

Comment

Originally posted by aaronk View Post
            Hope they time at 1500 of the Mile---this could be Grace going sub-4 for the first time!!
            A coup de Grace

Comment

Can ETH go sub-22? I think she can, but DAS will take it regardless.

Comment

On behalf of Great Britain, I apologise in advance for the weather. It won't be quite as cool and wet as last time, but it will not be hot, and most likely raining again.

It's great we had another UK location to step in, but really, no Diamond League match should be held in Gateshead, it has the worse weather.

Comment

Originally posted by AFelixFan View Post
                  Can ETH go sub-22? I think she can, but DAS will take it regardless.
                  After watching the 200 in Monaco, I would be surprised to see sub 22 by either woman.

Nice to seen Clark getting in another DL race after her pro debut in Monaco

Comment

Really want to see Kerley hit another sub 10. I really think he will get better next year , but his changing events has been interesting to watch. He needs a really good first 30 to 40 meters. His close is outstanding.

Comment

What is 100m Mixed Category Men/Woman and 400m T20/38/47?

Comment

Originally posted by proofs in the pudd'in View Post
                        What is 100m Mixed Category Men/Woman and 400m T20/38/47?
                        Parasports events

Comment

Originally posted by Davidokun View Post

Parasports events
                          Ok found this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Para-a...classification

"T" stands for Track / T20 - Intellectual disabilities, T38 - Cerebral Palsy, and T47 - Arm impairment including amputees.

Still not sure what mixed category is exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by proofs in the pudd'in View Post

Still not sure what mixed category is exactly.
                            If past experience is anything to go by, it means a not-necessarily competitive race among athletes from a wide variety of classifications.

Comment

Originally posted by ATK View Post

After watching the 200 in Monaco, I would be surprised to see sub 22 by either woman.
                              Monaco had excellent conditions, and was the perfect opportunity for one of the women to go sub 22. Even though a 22.2 is of course a great run, i did expect more. I think for some it underlined the doubt they may have had regarding SMU winning this event in Tokyo.
                              A 2018 SMU would have run sub 22 here. And she would not have just beaten Ta Lou.

I agree that DAS and ET won't run sub 22 in Gateshead. If they do I will be massively impressed. The track is not fast and the weather will be naff.

Comment

Working...
                              X