Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prefontaine Classic 2021

This year's Pre Classic is scheduled for August 20 - 21. The tickets for the meet go on sale tomorrow. I am on the East Coast and have in the past often flown out for the Pre Meet especially after they added the evening before events, especially the distance races. My last time to attend was in 2018.

I am considering whether to fly out to attend this year. However, it is difficult to make a decision without knowing the structure of the two days. The announcement regarding the tickets sales stated that the Friday activities would feature a Women's Distance Night and the facility Opening Ceremonies. Does anyone have any further information about specific races to be schedules on Friday night?

Thanks!

The meet website only has this for now.

DATE: August 21, 2021

LOCATION: Hayward Field at the University of Oregon, Eugene, OR

2021 PREFONTAINE CLASSIC SCHEDULE (Pacific Time)
    DIAMOND LEAGUE EVENTS TO BE CONTESTED

MEN

100m
    200m
    800m
    Bowerman Mile
    2-Mile/5000m (which to be determined later)
    Triple Jump
    Shot Put

WOMEN

100m
    200m
    1500m
    3000mSteeplechase
    400m Hurdles
    High Jump
    Pole Vault

800m - Additional Event

FULL 2021 SCHEDULE TBA

https://preclassic.runnerspace.com/eprofile.php?do=title&title_id=251&event_id=120
    Last edited by Atticus; 07-11-2021, 04:05 PM.

Comment

If there is a Women's Distance Night, I hope they have a Two Mile--and invite 2 or 3 of the best HS girls for the race!
      Even those who graduated in June (May?) would still be eligible to break the HSR (August 31st deadline!).

Comment

When I bought tickets last week this was under details.

Comment

Disappointed that they don't have the400m/400mH for men. Would love to see KW run on this new track.

Comment

Is there a promo code? Trying to buy a ticket now.

Comment

Having no luck

Comment

Tickets to the general public went on sale yesterday.

https://preclassic.runnerspace.com/e...1&event_id=120

Comment

Originally posted by proofs in the pudd'in View Post
                  Disappointed that they don't have the400m/400mH for men. Would love to see KW run on this new track.
                  I imagine the main media focus will be on SCR v the OG medallists

Comment

Hopefully there will be a Pre Classic soon that falls on the same place on the calendar as the 2001 edition which took place on the Sunday before NCAA's. Otherwise I doubt that I will ever attend one.

Comment

The Friday Woman's Distance night looks very interesting. Let's hope that the weather and fire situation allow a situation where the athletes are able to maximize their performances.

https://eugene.diamondleague.com/pro...esults-eugene/

Comment

Does anyone know if the pre Classic could add a men's 400-hurdles race to their program at this late date? Neither Lausanne nor Paris Diamond League meetings have a men's 400-hurdles as part of their listed program. I would imagine that Nike (Phil Knight) could come up with an enticing amount of appearance and performance incentives.

Comment

Originally posted by glimp5k View Post
                          Does anyone know if the pre Classic could add a men's 400-hurdles race to their program at this late date? Neither Lausanne nor Paris Diamond League meetings have a men's 400-hurdles as part of their listed program. I would imagine that Nike (Phil Knight) could come up with an enticing amount of appearance and performance incentives.
                          Nike wouldn't be particularly thrilled to have to cough up a big chunk of change for a Puma athlete (Warholm)

Comment

Why Bolt never ran at Pre....

Comment

After this week, they are likely to add the m400H to the schedule. Popular demand is likely to force them to do it. The w800 is already there; so, maybe we will see Mu go for broke, take on Jelimo's WJR and maybe take Kratochvílová down.

Comment

Working...
                              X