Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What’s all the “We” stuff? I love Track and Field partly because we cheer for everybody. My 2¥ worth, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by dukehjsteve View Post
      I still have the Apocalyptic (sp) Fear that sometime in the next 3 days, the Olympics are CANCELLED.
      color me pessimistic, but that's been niggling the back of my brain too

Comment

Originally posted by dukehjsteve View Post
        I still have the Apocalyptic (sp) Fear that sometime in the next 3 days, the Olympics are CANCELLED.
        I can picture an indoor sport or two being cancelled at the request of the particular sports' organizations, but the Japanese politicians have to keep the Olympics going to save face, after having let it get this far.

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post

That would delight a couple folks here, it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by noone View Post
            What’s all the “We” stuff? I love Track and Field partly because we cheer for everybody. My 2¥ worth, anyway.
            I absolutely want the best athletes to win, wherever they're from, but this is an American web-site, and I am a Murkan, so there's always a 'we' aspect.

Comment

GH - Is TFN going to publish a detailed time schedule of the Olympic schedule or is there a link to one that converts to local time of the person viewing? This has normally been published by now but my searching so far has come up empty.

Comment

Originally posted by gm View Post
                That would delight a couple folks here, it seems.
                Despite all my unrelenting negativity and pessimistic outlook on virtually everyTHING, I'm sure that once the Games begin, I'll be super-hypocritical and watch them and cheer my favorites . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                  One other thing. I'm trying to be conservative in my estimate of USA T&F medals, but keep coming up with 40!!! Should I get back on my meds?

USA final track and field medal count will be closer to 30 than 40! Take that to the bank!

Comment

Originally posted by TWalsh View Post

USA final track and field medal count will be closer to 30 than 40! Take that to the bank!
                    maybe even closer to 20 than 40

Comment

How come US does not have DT and JT medal contenders? We got SPers, quarterbacks and baseball pitchers.

Comment

maybe even closer to 20 than 40
                        Project 30? I'd take that bet.

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
                          How come US does not have DT and JT medal contenders? We got SPers, quarterbacks and baseball pitchers.
                          We do. Mason Finley is a defending discus medalist. Valarie Allman is a gold fave in discus. Maggie Malone is a medal contender in the javelin.

Comment

Originally posted by dupontred View Post
                            We do. Mason Finley is a defending discus medalist. Valarie Allman is a gold fave in discus. Maggie Malone is a medal contender in the javelin.
                            Tell prognosticator Atticus. That makes 43 medals.

Comment

Way too much money invested

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
                                Most likely because those athletes are more likely to make a living throwing a football or baseball than a javelin.

Comment

Working...
                                X