Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Will Folks Be Watching the Olympics in the States?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trickstat View Post
    It just has a warning message and asks you to confirm that you have a licence/license, but you don't have to give any details.
    I've got my VPN set to London (which I have used to successfully watch WA Youtube), clicked on the content and it will not let me access it.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
      I guess 4K isn't available over the air yet, unlike HD which has been available over the air as long as I've had my TV.
      4K OTA (a.k.a ATSC 3.0 or NextGenTV) is available in some areas now (see the areas in orange on the page linked below). But that doesn't mean every channel in any given orange area is transmitting it yet.

https://www.atsc.org/nextgen-tv/deployments/

Comment

Originally posted by donley2 View Post

Probably a good time to test nbcolympics.com with your provider and see if the stream works.
        Check. This will be the way to go for cable subscribers who want to see it all.

By the way, Softball Play-by-Play announcer Beth Mowins is really good. Had heard her do the NCAA WCWS before.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
          I've got my VPN set to London (which I have used to successfully watch WA Youtube), clicked on the content and it will not let me access it.
          The BBC has gotten wise to VPN....last year my VPN worked fine...now the BBC doesn’t work and won't accept VPNs.

Comment

Peacock was great for the Tour....I presume it will be the same for the Olympics.

Comment

Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
              Peacock was great for the Tour....I presume it will be the same for the Olympics.
              No sign of live softball (that is on nbcolympics.com) tonight on peacock. Replay shown for the 22nd.

Comment

Originally posted by donley2 View Post

No sign of live softball (that is on nbcolympics.com) tonight on peacock. Replay shown for the 22nd.
                NBCSN for the softball.

Comment

Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
                  I watched the Tour on NBC and NBC Sports. Did Peacock have different commentators?

Comment

A barnburner of an opener for US womens soccer vs Sweden. Wednesday, 4:30 AM ET on USA Network
                    There are no strings on me

Comment

Originally posted by guru View Post
                      A barnburner of an opener for US womens soccer vs Sweden. Wednesday, 4:30 AM ET on USA Network
                      I started a new thread on Oly news. We LOST 3-0!!

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post

I watched the Tour on NBC and NBC Sports. Did Peacock have different commentators?
                        There is an international feed...the graphics were in French...but the commentators were Australian, Simon Gerrens and another guy....no commercials...and better commentary. They would show the race until everyone finished...in the mountain stages finishes you could see how grateful Cavendish was to his teammates...smiles all around.
                        Last edited by Conor Dary; 07-21-2021, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                          I started a new thread on Oly news. We LOST 3-0!!
                          Go Sweden!

Comment

Peacock’s Olympic TV schedule is limited. It’s all part of NBC’s plan.

Offering a limited menu of the Olympics’ most popular sports is part of NBC’s plan to increase the subscriber and digital advertiser base for Peacock, which it rolled out last year. But to access the bulk of the network’s live Olympic coverage — including the gymnastics, track and field, and basketball competitions that don’t take place early in the morning on the U.S. East Coast — you’ll need either a digital antenna for your television or a cable subscription.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...pics-schedule/
                            My experience from the Oly Trials is that most of the good stuff was not on Peacock and I don't expect that to change for the OGs.

Comment

Originally posted by bad hammy View Post

My experience from the Oly Trials is that most of the good stuff was not on Peacock and I don't expect that to change for the OGs.
                              you talking TV or stream?

Comment

Originally posted by bad hammy View Post

How did you watch the field events?

Comment

Working...
                                X