Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Will Folks Be Watching the Olympics in the States?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HopStepJump
    replied
    Originally posted by donley2 View Post
    nbcolympics.com looks to have streams of everything
    This is the way to go. At least for previous Olympics.

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Originally posted by gm View Post
    To be legal, I believe BBC viewing requires a TV license.
    I'm not sure you can even access the Olympic content without one.

Leave a comment:

• gm
    replied
    To be legal, I believe BBC viewing requires a TV license.

Leave a comment:

• br
    replied
    Originally posted by bhall View Post

I don't think Peacock will get you the NBC feed but I think it will get you the English language feed, like DL meets. That is my preferred way of watching the DL meets.

I'm going to try Peacock and the VPN to the UK is my backup.
    How to watch BBC iPlayer in the USA

BBC iPlayer is a popular British streaming service. Unfortunately, its content is available only for people in the UK. So, to enjoy it, you’ll need to have a UK IP address. You’ll need a UK account as well. Obviously, that’s not physically possible for residents of any other country.

There is some good news, though. Thanks to VPNs (Virtual Private Networks,) people can now watch BBC iPlayer in the USA and abroad. All you have to do is install a VPN on your router or computer, connect to British servers, create an account on BBC iPlayer, and then enjoy your shows.

To unblock BBC iPlayer in the USA, you’ll have to use a VPN, which is not at all complicated. If you haven’t used one before, follow the steps listed below.

https://cybernews.com/how-to-use-vpn...player-in-usa/
    Last edited by br; 07-20-2021, 06:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• rsb3
    replied
    I will be using a combination of cbc.ca/sports online, and CBC and NBC on television. The 3:00 AM start on the Pacific Coast for the evening events in Tokyo
    doesn't sound like fun ... I'm going to try and shift my sleep schedule, starting tonight . Of course, this is in Canada, not the USA.
    Last edited by rsb3; 07-20-2021, 06:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• donley2
    replied
    Originally posted by guru View Post
    Believe it or not the Olympics get underway tonight. Australia/Japan softball, 8:00 PM ET on NBCSN. USA/Italy @ 11 PM
    Probably a good time to test nbcolympics.com with your provider and see if the stream works.

Leave a comment:

• guru
    replied
    Believe it or not the Olympics get underway tonight. Australia/Japan softball, 8:00 PM ET on NBCSN. USA/Italy @ 11 PM

Leave a comment:

• NotDutra5
    replied
    Originally posted by 18.99s View Post

YouTube TV might work for you, if they give you NBC in your area.
    That's what I've had since cutting the cord. If they still have a trial period (5 days I think), it might be a good way to go initially.

Leave a comment:

• bhall
    replied
    Originally posted by polevaultpower View Post
    I'm still unclear which service will give me access to all of the NBC content, since I cannot get it over the air and I cannot get cable. I am subscribed to Peacock, but I doubt that will get me the main feed :/

Although I will be on the mainland part of the time. Neither my parents nor my in-laws have cable, but my parents do have an antenna and can get NBC over the air.
    I don't think Peacock will get you the NBC feed but I think it will get you the English language feed, like DL meets. That is my preferred way of watching the DL meets.

I'm going to try Peacock and the VPN to the UK is my backup.

Leave a comment:

• jazzcyclist
    replied
    Originally posted by 18.99s View Post

Bear in mind that everything in your signal chain must support 4K for you to see it in 4K -- your cable or satellite service, your streaming or OTA box, your computer and its Internet speed and video card, your HDMI cable(s), etc.

That's a lot to understand and put together in a short time if you're new to 4K, which apparently is the case if your biggest best TV is a 42-inch from 2008. However, even if you aren't able to arrange to deliver a genuine 4K signal to your TV, it might still do a decent job of upconverting the 720p or 1080p signal to 4K.
    My entertainment computer is more up to date than my TV. I guess 4K isn't available over the air yet, unlike HD which has been available over the air as long as I've had my TV.

Leave a comment:

• 18.99s
    replied
    Originally posted by polevaultpower View Post
    I'm still unclear which service will give me access to all of the NBC content, since I cannot get it over the air and I cannot get cable. I am subscribed to Peacock, but I doubt that will get me the main feed :/
    YouTube TV might work for you, if they give you NBC in your area.

Leave a comment:

• polevaultpower
    replied

Although I will be on the mainland part of the time. Neither my parents nor my in-laws have cable, but my parents do have an antenna and can get NBC over the air.

Leave a comment:

• 18.99s
    replied
    Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    Dies anyone know if NBC will broadcast in 4K? I'm considering upgrading from my 2008 42" plasma TV.
    Bear in mind that everything in your signal chain must support 4K for you to see it in 4K -- your cable or satellite service, your streaming or OTA box, your computer and its Internet speed and video card, your HDMI cable(s), etc.

That's a lot to understand and put together in a short time if you're new to 4K, which apparently is the case if your biggest best TV is a 42-inch from 2008. However, even if you aren't able to arrange to deliver a genuine 4K signal to your TV, it might still do a decent job of upconverting the 720p or 1080p signal to 4K.
    Last edited by 18.99s; 07-20-2021, 03:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ATK
    replied
    Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    Dies anyone know if NBC will broadcast in 4K? I'm considering upgrading from my 2008 42" plasma TV.
    https://www.nbcolympics.com/4k

Leave a comment:

• jazzcyclist
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X