Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Will Folks Be Watching the Olympics in the States?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18.99s
    replied
    Originally posted by guru View Post
    That said every Olympics I'm reminded of one of the prime benefits of being self-employed lol
    This Olympics, I'm reminded of the benefits of working from home. Except for the relays on Friday August 6, the evening events in Tokyo are all scheduled to be done before 9 am US Eastern time. With no commute, that makes it easy to watch everything before starting the workday.

Leave a comment:

• 18.99s
    replied
    World Athletics published the Olympic timetable in Tokyo time, starting the morning of July 30, Tokyo time (July 29 evening, US time):
    https://www.worldathletics.org/compe...2391/timetable

Tokyo is 13 hours ahead of the US east coast. For the morning events there, subtract a day and an hour, then change AM to PM to get US Eastern time. For the evening events, subtract an hour and change PM to AM.

Leave a comment:

• Weights&Shoes
    replied
    CBC. But I'll probably try a VPN via Opera and see if I can get BBC also.

Leave a comment:

• gm
    replied
    Originally posted by donley2 View Post
    nbcolympics.com looks to have streams of everything
    That's the right answer!

Leave a comment:

• ATK
    replied
    Originally posted by dupontred View Post
    I’m looking forward to seeing what Peacock has to offer. Hope it’s better for the hardcore fans than NBC prime time.
    If 2016 is any indicator, you'll have more T&F content than you'll know what to do with on NBC this year

Leave a comment:

• donley2
    replied
    nbcolympics.com looks to have streams of everything

Leave a comment:

• lonewolf
    replied
    I am a TV/internet/whatever ignoramus. When y'all figger it out let me know.

Leave a comment:

• dupontred
    replied
    I’m looking forward to seeing what Peacock has to offer. Hope it’s better for the hardcore fans than NBC prime time.

Leave a comment:

• bad hammy
    replied
    VPN to England (BBC) or Canada (CBC) or wherever I get the best coverage. NBC and its affiliates are acceptable for domestic coverage but it will be nice to have international options.

Leave a comment:

• Vault-emort
    replied
    I'm glad I'm not in the states.

One hour time difference between Tokyo and east coast of Australia means a very friendly schedule for Aussies with most daily competition running from 10am to 11pm.

Our free-to-air broadcaster will use two of its' TV channels for the main coverage with another 42 free HD streams covering all sports (inc complete field events) available. I imagine I'll have three devices plus the TV going at peak times.

Let the Games begin!

Leave a comment:

• guru
    replied
    Between T&F, track cycling, and road cycling my sleep pattern is going to be shot to hell.

That said every Olympics I'm reminded of one of the prime benefits of being self-employed lol

Leave a comment:

• dukehjsteve
    replied
    NBC on regular TV suffices for me

Leave a comment:

• How Will Folks Be Watching the Olympics in the States?

Meaning the T&F.
Working...
X