X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Centro going for mile AR

Portland on Satuday,, watchable on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogTRf273TZs

He has obviously thought this out, with the 1500 heats beginning Aug 2. That will give him 8 days to recover. I guess that will be his final "hard workout" prior to the Olympic racing. If he comes close, or breaks the record, it will be a great boost for him. I would love to see him repeat!

Comment

I hear it's gonna be pretty breezy... I'll guess somewhere btw 3:48.5-3:49.5. It'd be sweet if he runs 3:46, though.

Comment

Originally posted by steveu View Post
        I'll guess somewhere btw 3:48.5-3:49.5.
        I'll take the over, but hope for the under.

Comment

Originally posted by bobguild76 View Post
          I guess that will be his final "hard workout" prior to the Olympic racing.
          And may be preperation for that Olympic racing which might include Cheruiyot going at 3:29 pace or faster.

Comment

If Centro breaks 3:50, who is going to argue that Hocker doesn't have a shot against Cheruiyot also?

Comment

Originally posted by Steele View Post
              If Centro breaks 3:50, who is going to argue that Hocker doesn't have a shot against Cheruiyot also?
              Moi, because Hocker has yet to run that pace and show that he still has the fierce kick. Teare beat him the one time he ran that fast.
              [Not that I'd bet against Hocker]

Comment

3:49.26 PR, his pacers couldn't go far enough fast enough.

https://live.athletictiming.net/meet...ts/369805/live

Comment

Originally posted by gm View Post
                  3:49.26 PR, his pacers couldn't go far enough fast enough.
                  https://live.athletictiming.net/meet...ts/369805/live
                  Gutsy run. Love to see him in a rabbited DL after the OG. He's in great shape. I hope the hype of T Cher's pace-making in the OG Final comes to fruition. J Inge will stick, Can Hocker? The Aussies will hang and a Brit or two.

Comment

Originally posted by Steele View Post
                    I will.

Comment

I’m still not convinced that the long year for our NCAA athletes competing in Tokyo, won’t finally catch up with them. I guess we’re about to find out.

Comment

Originally posted by DrJay View Post
                        I’m still not convinced that the long year for our NCAA athletes competing in Tokyo, won’t finally catch up with them. I guess we’re about to find out.
                        I'm not convinced a 3:35 guy can compete with 3:30 guys. It would be a huge accomplishment for either collegian to make the final.

BTW congrats to Centro on a nice mark heading into the OG.

Comment

Originally posted by bhall View Post
                          BTW congrats to Centro on a nice mark heading into the OG.
                          I'm sure there are some hatas out there who see this as a Big Failure, but I admire the guts to make a called shot to centerfield, even if it's caught on the warning track.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post

I'm sure there are some hatas out there who see this as a Big Failure, but I admire the guts to make a called shot to centerfield, even if it's caught on the warning track.
                            Let’s see. The defending Olympic champion sets a new PR 10 days before his Olympic races. I’m not seeing a failure here.

On the other hand, I’m pretty sure the rest of the contenders have been watching the video of the 2016 Rio race so that they won’t allow that to happen again.
                            I’ll be stunned if it doesn’t take better than 3:32 to medal.

Comment

Curious he did it before...a time trial I suppose more than an actual attempt at the AR..

Comment

Working...
                              X