Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
    Who is Centro's coach these days since Salazar is still on Elba.... of course that wouldn't prevent them talking on the phone...
    Jerry Shumaker has been Centrowitz's coach since Salazar exited. Along with his dad.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Kritzler View Post

Jerry Shumaker has been Centrowitz's coach since Salazar exited. Along with his dad.
      He left Salazar about a year before Salazar got busted and started training under Shumaker around the end of 2018/start of 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by ATK View Post

He left Salazar about a year before Salazar got busted and started training under Shumaker around the end of 2018/start of 2019.
        Let's be honest, it's not like there wasn't a huge cloud of smoke around Salazar for years before Centro left. Not accusing him of anything but he didn't leave before any of the crimes started but just before the handcuffs were applied.

Comment

Originally posted by booond View Post

Let's be honest, it's not like there wasn't a huge cloud of smoke around Salazar for years before Centro left. Not accusing him of anything but he didn't leave before any of the crimes started but just before the handcuffs were applied.
          ​​​​​Probably. My comment was just about the timeline though. Salazar may very well have been a cheat his entire coaching career.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Kritzler View Post

Right....Mr. I-never-heard-of-nandralone...

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post

outdoors that is; already done twice indoors

3:49.89 Bernard Lagat (Fayetteville 2/11/05)
              3:49.98 Johnny Gregorek (Boston 3/3/19)
              Right....thanks for the update.

Comment

Originally posted by Chicago View Post
                Hard to get excited about his time when it likely is worth about 3:53 without the "super shoes."
                I note, that as usual, the mile mystique continues. The media are hyping up Webb's run is in the top 10 all time and therefore very big. Conservatively, taking it to be the equal of 3:29 in the 1500 m, there are about 40 performances better than that. If we equate it to 3:30, there are over 90 performances at or better than that level.

Comment

Yes, but Webb did it on something other than a DL track and a horde of DL top runners and pacers (not that he did not have pacers).

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235 View Post
                    Yes, but Webb did it on something other than a DL track and a horde of DL top runners and pacers (not that he did not have pacers).
                    I am not belittling Webb or his performance. But in today's world, an attempt to run a sub 3:30 1500 m does not draw as much attention as Centro's did

Comment

Originally posted by catson52 View Post

I note, that as usual, the mile mystique continues. The media are hyping up Webb's run is in the top 10 all time and therefore very big. Conservatively, taking it to be the equal of 3:29 in the 1500 m, there are about 40 performances better than that. If we equate it to 3:30, there are over 90 performances at or better than that level.
                      There weren't 90 at that level when he ran it.

At the time it was the 8th fastest mile and approx 17th fastest 1500.

For 2007, it was the fastest of both for that year.

Jesse Owens don't look so fast if you match his time to times today.

Comment

It will be interesting to see how Matt does against the BIG boy in the Bowerman mile on the 22nd.

Comment

Perhaps you didn't read my post just before yours. To compare Centro (or Webb) to Jesse Owens is beyond ridiculous. As one who has always regarded Walter George as amongst the best milers ever, I think I have a pretty good feeling re what "old-timers" achieved. I am bemused by all the media attention paid to trying to run a sub 3:50 mile in THIS day and age.

Comment

I see about 30 sub 3:29 runs over 1500m before 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by catson52 View Post

I see about 30 sub 3:29 runs over 1500m before 2007.
                              17th fastest guy... sorry

Comment

Nothing wrong with a little hype for one of the U.S.'s most popular events.

This was a valuable test run for Centro. If T Cher goes out in 1:52, Centro now knows that in his current shape his prudent tactic is to lay off the pace a la J Ing and try to close the gap over the last two laps. Really no different that his usual approach in a fast DL meet, but at least he knows what his sweet spot is for the first couple of laps.

Comment

Working...
                                X