Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kamworor out of the 10K [aka, the official athlete-update thread]

as in, out of the Games, period, with ankle injury. He would have been one of the faves.

as it is, I'm only seeing 3 Kenyans, including him, on the entry lists. Does this mean he can't be replaced?
    Last edited by gh; 07-23-2021, 04:12 PM.

And so it begins. There will be more.

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
      as in, out of the Games, period, with ankle injury. He would have been one of the faves. as it is, I'm only seeing 3 Kenyans, including him, on the entry lists. Does this mean he can't be replaced?
      Please note he was NY Marathon champ in 2019 and that as one reason he ran 10 in Kenya trails so he can run marathon later. My guess is that he did not want to lose on big money Fall marathon. He did not have a chance to win 10,000m and outside chance for medal at best. I am waiting for T&FN list.

ATTICUS: My money is on more African runners (male and female marathoners and 10 runners) to quit.

Comment

Bobby Kersee stuck in LA waiting for replacement passport:

https://ktla.com/video/video-shows-l...cklog/6833170/

Comment

That was pushing it rather late....

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
            as in, out of the Games, period, with ankle injury. He would have been one of the faves.

as it is, I'm only seeing 3 Kenyans, including him, on the entry lists. Does this mean he can't be replaced?
            If I am not mistaken, he can be replaced by someone who is already on the team to run another event.
            Whether Team Kenya wants to do that is an entirely different question.

This depends on the replacement runner already having the 10k standard.
            Last edited by TN1965; 07-23-2021, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GHM View Post
              ATTICUS: My money is on more African runners (male and female marathoners and 10 runners) to quit.
              Yikes, That thought had not crossed my mind, but now that you've put it in there, I'll be sorely vexed if it eventuates!

Comment

why?

Comment

Fall marathon $$?

Comment

He did not have a chance to win 10,000m and outside chance for medal at best.
                    After his 27:01 win at altitude, at Kenyan OT, Kamworor had to be one of the favorites.

Comment

Not sure if this will actually be accepted.

Rhonex Kipruto to replace Kamworor in Olympics team - Capital Sports (capitalfm.co.ke)

“We are working with World Athletics to see whether we can have him replace Kamworor. We have sent all the necessary documentation because he had attained the qualification time. We have also sent documents to the AIU (Athletics Integrity Unit) to ensure he has passed the strict rules,” Team Kenya General Manager Barnaba Korir, also an Athletics Kenya Executive Committee member told Capital Sport.

Comment

Originally posted by TN1965 View Post
                        Rhonex Kipruto to replace Kamworor in Olympics team?
                        Was he injured?
                        Didn't run in Kenyan Trials, but has some prodigious times in the last few years.
                        If he's in shape, he's instantly a medal contender.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                          Was he injured?
                          Didn't run in Kenyan Trials, but has some prodigious times in the last few years.
                          Kenya didn't submit Rhonex Kipruto in their final 10,000 meter entry list for Tokyo. They are currently scrambling right now trying to add him on the list. I'm not sure if it's too late or not.

Comment

WA's 10K preview published today says that he will replace Kamworor, although the language is such that it doesn't at all address any problems with his so doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                              Was he injured?
                              He did run in Kenya's OT but dropped with 5 laps to go.

Comment

Working...
                              X