Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trickstat View Post

The startlists are up and there are only 15 teams.
    That's exactly what I said. The Bahamas will not be competing.
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Ukraine have lost Danylo Danylenko and Nataliya Pyrozhenko-Chornomaz from their relays (mixed and women's 4x4), probably for the same reason as the Nigerians (not enough tests). PC would not have run most likely, but Danylenko might have. At least they have two men still eligible who are actually 400 runners (Barabanov and Pohorilko).

As well as the Bahamas (with SMU, though would she run given she is doubling the individual events), Turkey are next but they'd struggle without Copello who has his 400h heat in the morning. The Czech Republic are after them and would have a strong team with Vondrova, Malikova, Maslak and Sorm (plus Muller but like Copello he has the hurdles).

Comment

BTW, the mx4x4 heats are looking very lopsided, especially with NGR out or not at full strength. Heat 1 has the US and not much else, while heat 2 has JAM, NED, POL and GBR, arguably the top 4 contenders for the minor medals.
        Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Originally posted by Powell View Post
          BTW, the mx4x4 heats are looking very lopsided, especially with NGR out or not at full strength. Heat 1 has the US and not much else, while heat 2 has JAM, NED, POL and GBR, arguably the top 4 contenders for the minor medals.
          just more evidence that this abomination has no place on the program (I remain open-mouthed that WA would invent an event that basically guarantees the U.S. another gold)

Comment

Originally posted by Wiederganger View Post

10 Nigerians....one assumes their relay runners..
            Ruth Usoro was on the original wTJ entry list, but she is not on the start list.

Comment

Sam Kendricks has tested positive for covid according to his father.

Comment

Originally posted by Juicy News View Post
                What's the protocol?

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                  What's the protocol?
                  Sam is out!
                  Matt Ludwig is the alternate, and will compete--IF he can get to Tokyo in time, and IF he passes the Covid test!!

Comment

Originally posted by aaronk
                    Sam is out!
                    Matt Ludwig is the alternate, and will compete--IF he can get to Tokyo in time, and IF he passes the Covid test!!
                    Well

Scheiße

Comment

Kendricks is also seen hanging out with lightfoot, nilsen, Coburn a lot so fingers crossed.

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post

just more evidence that this abomination has no place on the program (I remain open-mouthed that WA would invent an event that basically guarantees the U.S. another gold)
                        I suggest mixed medley relay: 400, 200, 200, 800

Comment

Originally posted by SoCal45 View Post

I suggest mixed medley relay: 400, 200, 200, 800
                          that's still overly U.S.-friendly

Comment

Australia locked down the entire squad after Kendricks positive.

Comment

Originally posted by Juicy News View Post
                              Wow! From what I have read, he has no symptoms, although he tested positive. I wonder what he will feel like if he goes the next 14 days with no symptoms, and yet misses his chance at another Olympic medal. I have visited probably 100 covid patients in the hospital, and many of them have spouses who tested positive but never had any symptoms. At all. I wonder how many other medal contenders will miss out due to a positive test, and how many of them will go the 14 days with no symptoms.

Not saying they should compete with a positive test, but it truly is a crap hand, as Tuariki might say. :"-(

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                                Well

Scheiße

Indeed! Medical, physical and mental; everywhere you look, the pandemic delay has got everyone twisted now! 🤮🤬

I wouldn't be surprised if, after this is all over, someone really reads the riot act to the IOC.

Comment

Working...
                                X