Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Juicy News View Post
    Kendricks is also seen hanging out with lightfoot, nilsen, Coburn a lot so fingers crossed.
    Very not good! This could very well have been his 20-foot moment.

How many other medal contenders on the track will this virus knock out before the end comes?

Comment

Originally posted by CookyMonzta View Post

Very not good! This could very well have been his 20-foot moment.

How many other medal contenders on the track will this virus knock out before the end comes?
      Was actually thinking about this. Like he’s obviously been around other athletes and for the most part has a roommate etc
      Apparently Ignorance is bliss

Comment

Is/was Kendricks vaccinated?

Comment

Originally posted by Powell View Post
          BTW, the mx4x4 heats are looking very lopsided, especially with NGR out or not at full strength. Heat 1 has the US and not much else, while heat 2 has JAM, NED, POL and GBR, arguably the top 4 contenders for the minor medals.
          With NGR out, they should re-draw the heats...
          It looks like NED might run their two best 400m men in the mixed 4x4 heats, Dobber & Bonevacia, looking at their IG posts. If the heats remain as is, that's a wise decision. The GBR men have been awful this year, and will rely on their women to keep them in the mix, but POL will be super strong.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiederganger View Post
            Dafne Schippers is only running the 200m and 4x100m, and wont start the 100m. This is a good move I think.
            Article/Interview with Schippers on her 100m withdrawal. Apparently made around 3 weeks ago when she got to training camp :

Dafne Schippers didn't make the decision overnight when she chose to drop the 100 meters. At the training camp she already decided to focus on the 200m and 4x100m relay. "I think the chances in the 200 meters are just better for me."
            For many people, the news came suddenly out of nowhere, but Schippers had already made her choice before. "It's not that I thought yesterday that I'm not going to do the100 meters. It has been a decision made a while ago for me."

Focus on 200 meters
            Schippers calls it a 'luxury problem' that she could start in three events. "I can start in the 100, 200 and 4x100 meters. I've always done it, so it feels like I have to say goodbye to a part. That's not really the case. I'm just going to focus more on another part. "
            Not running the 100 meters is a safe but difficult choice for Schippers. "I hope this will turn out nicely. Secretly I always really like the 100m, so I find that very difficult."

Back problems
            Partly due to her back problems, the 29-year-old athlete has been struggling with her form all season. She still became Dutch champion in the 100 meters, but did not come close to her personal bests.
            Schippers is positive in Tokyo about her back problems. "Actually, it's going very well. I'm not pain-free for a day, but I haven't been that way for a year. I do feel that the form is slowly getting better."
            The athlete finds it difficult to say what we can expect from Schippers in Tokyo.
            "I actually have no idea. That is very strange, but also nice. It is the way it is. I have no idea how I stand in terms of times, so I can surprise. It can really go in all directions. I'm going for that surprising side."

Her last individual race was the 200m at the Gyulai István Memorial, 3rd place in 22.70 behind Jackson (21.96) & SMU (22.15). But she did beat Kambundji (who's run 22.60) Bryant (22.24 this year) & Akinsoun (22.44). Looking at her 4x1 leg in Gateshead, her last actual race, I would say she's in 11.1 form over 100m. I'd guess she would be in around 22.3 form in the 200m. She is obviously way out of medal contention, but I do think she can surprise and make the final.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiederganger View Post

10 Nigerians....one assumes their relay runners..
              Here is an update on the current Nigerian Team allowed to compete.

1. Blessing Okagbare
              2. Grace Nwokocha
              3. Oluwatobi (Tobi) Amusan
              4. Ese Brume
              5. Patience Okon-George
              6. Imaobong Nse-Uko
              7. Enoch Adegoke
              8. Divine Oduduru
              9. Usheoritse Itsekiri
              10. Chukwuebuka Enekwechi
              11. Emmanuel Ojeli
              12. Samson Nathaniel
              Last edited by ATK; 07-29-2021, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ATK View Post

Here is an update on the current Nigerian Team allowed to compete.

1. Blessing Okagbare
                2. Grace Nwokocha
                3. Oluwatobi (Tobi) Amusan
                4. Ese Brume
                5. Patience Okon-George
                6. Imaobong Nse-Uko
                7. Enoch Adegoke
                8. Divine Oduduru
                9. Usheoritse Itsekiri
                10. Chukwuebuka Enekwechi
                11. Emmanuel Ojeli
                12. Samson Nathaniel

So 10 Nigerian athletes were declared ineligible to compete at the Tokyo Olympics after not meeting the minimum requirements of Out of Competition Tests (OCTs) in the build up to the Tokyo Olympics. Nigeria was added to the list of ‘Category A’ federations around the first quarter of 2020 by AIU. Category A federations are considered the highest doping risk to Athletics under the World Athletics Anti-Doping rules.

As seen, the high profile athletes (those that compere at a high level on the circuit who have STRONG management teams around them) made the requirement. Interestingly, all the Nigeria-based athletes made the requirements which implies that OCTs were taking place on the local scene. Those missing from the list are largely NCAA athletes (Usoro, Ofili et al). There has been an oversight by the federation. They simply failed to either organise testing for the less experienced athletes. Even if the logistics behind organising testing for those in the US was too difficult, they should have checked with them to ensure that the OCTs were getting done somehow. It smells a lack of professionalism on the federation's part.

Comment

Originally posted by Zelex View Post
                  It smells a lack of professionalism on the federation's part.
                  Thanks for the breakdown. Sadly, not surprising from the Nigerian Federation.

Comment

Originally posted by Powell View Post
                    BTW, the mx4x4 heats are looking very lopsided, especially with NGR out or not at full strength. Heat 1 has the US and not much else, while heat 2 has JAM, NED, POL and GBR, arguably the top 4 contenders for the minor medals.
                    The GBR men are very weak at the moment and probably too weak for the women to bring them into medal contention.

Comment

Working...
                    X