Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T&FN's "Magazine" Contest

As you may recall, anyone who entered the magazine's non-on-line (there's a new word) contest, had to pick the most medalists. And then you have to notify T&FN as to your own total. I got 39 on the men's side, and 38 on the women's for a total of 77. I give me a B+. I think it will take somewhere around mid-40's to win either single-sex contest and high 80's to win the overall. How did everyone else do?
    PC

Re: T&FN's 'Magazine' Contest

My bad, I had 79 total, with 41 men - I forgot to include the mJT. The only 1-2-3 correct was the wTJ, a fairly obvious one (but they seemed obvious at the time). C'mon, who whupped me?

Comment

Re: T&FN's 'Magazine' Contest

>My bad, I had 79 total, with 41 men - I forgot to
      >include the mJT. The only 1-2-3 correct was the
      >wTJ, a fairly obvious one (but they seemed
      >obvious at the time). C'mon, who whupped me?

I haven't rechecked but I believe I have 40 for the men 42 for the women, for an 82 total. I am hopeful my womens score might hold up for a close to the top finish.

Comment

Re: T&FN's

I had 80 total with 42 men.

Comment

John True here again with my 42 men and 80 total. I'm the guy that complained because I tried to enter the contest advertised in TFN and they said there was a midnight deadline--no mention that it was midnight Paris time. But someone else replied and said I still had time, so I posted all of my picks on the message board for the contest. What a WC of upsets! Did anyone pick the Italian in the PV? I got lucky and picked all 3 in 10000, 4x100, HT, wHJ, wTJ, wHT. It would be nice if I could luck out and be in the top 10 in this contest. It was sure challenging!

Comment

Maybe when the TFN crew gets back on Tuesday they can let us know how many people entered the magazine contest and what sort of scores have been sent in so far.

Comment

38 men
              37 women

Comment

43 Men
                38 Women

Comment

I would imagine that Adam's men 43 is close to the top. Ditto for David's women 42. I can't believe that DD's total 82 is the winner, however. I would hope (not for my own paltry 79's sake) that it would have taken 80 to get top ten, although I don't imagine that even 100 people took them up on the contest. I would consider top 10 pretty damn good, considering mostly 'experts' take part. The magazine used to only list the winners, which is why I started this thread. Where's the 80's people?

Comment

>43 Men
                    38 Women

Just a stupid question maybe because I don't know how this non on-line contest works but is everyone on the honour system for this one?

Comment

No, we had to send our picks in to T&FN on the Thursday before, then we send them our scores afterwards, so they only have to check a few entries to verify who won.

Comment

What were the rules of this contest? Did you have to predict medallists in order in every event or just the top 3 without the order? How did the scoring work? I'm asking out of curiosity - I'd like to see how the predictions I had in another contest would have faired me in this one.
                        Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

and in case anyone is wondering ( doubtful ) I was too lazy to enter any contests other than tafnut's little one.

Comment

You just had to pick the medalists. It has always been my favorite, simply because it has the least amount of luck in it (I think). So no other 40's or 80's?

Comment

I'm still reveling in my 2nd place in the online contest, but of course, in the contest where there are actual prizes on the line, I came up short: 40 men, 38 women. I sure hope T&FN will do this next year for the Olys, and make it a regular thing. I had a lot of fun following my picks.
                              "Run fast and keep turning left."

Comment

Working...
                              X