Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will we shortly have 45 "each event" postings ?!

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cigar95
    replied
    Okay David, I didn't realize that one was serving as the "official" OG thread. (I'm actually already in that one!)

Leave a comment:

• Davidokun
    replied
    Originally posted by cigar95 View Post
    I note that there isn't a thread for the mixed relay...
    Look again:

Leave a comment:

• cigar95
    replied
    I note that there isn't a thread for the mixed relay, which I approve of as "the less seen the better", but I was looking for somewhere to ask about Shae Anderson's status (she's one of my CIF-SS alumni), given that she's had a bumpy road since Eugene as well as her not appearing on the lineup for the prelims.

Either she's penciled in for the final, not going to compete at all, or (less likely) running the heats of the real relay later in the week.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    women now up

Leave a comment:

• dukehjsteve
    replied
    Originally posted by gh View Post
    men now up
    That's great work, Garry, we all thank you !

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    men now up

Leave a comment:

• aaronk
    replied
    First event starts in just over 5 hours, by my estimate!
    Are we going to have event threads by then?

Leave a comment:

• aaronk
    replied
    Besides the events on the track and field, there will probably be one for weather and other stuff, like there was for the Trials!

Leave a comment:

• dukehjsteve
    replied
    I posted the 45 #, as I left out the Walks. Sorry.

Leave a comment:

• KevinR
    replied
    Originally posted by aaronk View Post

I count 47, not including those stupid mixed relays!
    24 Men's
    23 Women's (no 50K Walk--SEXIST!!!!)
    Could part of the reason for omitting the 50K for women be that there are not enough competitions routinely on the schedule? That seems to me to be a convincing argument to having it added. I don't follow race walking enough to know that for certain.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    Originally posted by GHM View Post
    Daniil Medvedev asks who will take responsibility if he dies in Tokyo Olympics' heat and humidity

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/28/sport...ntl/index.html

May seem unrelated but I suggest if the Temperature and humidity does not get better we will see lots of upsets. I want to be blunt and say I blame it on USA TV network money. ...
    actually, I'm pretty sure European TV money plays a large role as well, not wanting overlap with soccer.

Leave a comment:

• GHM
    replied
    Daniil Medvedev asks who will take responsibility if he dies in Tokyo Olympics' heat and humidity

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/28/sport...ntl/index.html

May seem unrelated but I suggest if the Temperature and humidity does not get better we will see lots of upsets. I want to be blunt and say I blame it on USA TV network money. Olympic should not be in July in Tokyo. I do not give a hoot if 16 days of Olympics collide with American football in fall. Games should have been in September. Have we heard that this the warmest summer in records? God help us 3 years from now in Paris and 7 years in LA.

Leave a comment:

• aaronk
    replied
    Originally posted by LuckySpikes View Post
    Why only 45?
    I count 47, not including those stupid mixed relays!
    24 Men's
    23 Women's (no 50K Walk--SEXIST!!!!)

Leave a comment:

• LuckySpikes
    replied
    Why only 45?

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    postings yes, "shortly" depends on your definition of the word.

ps---advance notice that once the by-event forums are up and running several other ones will be closed.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X