Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alex Wilson SUI suspended (positive test)

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 18.99s View Post

And I was worried about the same thing happening with the 9.84, i.e. getting recognized officially based on inaccurate timing and/or wind reading because there wasn't enough admissible evidence to do otherwise.

What stopped his 9.84 from being recognized? Was it the drug ban, the race video, or something else?
    timing data in the 9.84 wasn't up to snuff

Comment

Originally posted by 18.99s View Post

Nothing inaccurate with that time per se, but something dubious about it being recognized as a world record.
      Word has it that the wind gauge was not properly warmed up or given a test run when it was activated for the straightaway races. Flo's 10.49 quarterfinal and Echols' 10.83 heat that followed were the first 2 heats of the day and the only heats with a zero reading, while at the same time the mTJ was loaded with wind-aided performances, including that infamous +4.3 reading.

Comment

Originally posted by CookyMonzta View Post

Word has it that the wind gauge was not properly warmed up or given a test run when it was activated for the straightaway races. Flo's 10.49 quarterfinal and Echols' 10.83 heat that followed were the first 2 heats of the day and the only heats with a zero reading, while at the same time the mTJ was loaded with wind-aided performances, including that infamous +4.3 reading.
        Yes, I know about all of that, plus video of things blowing in the wind in the tailwind direction.

Comment

Working...
        X