Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

¶ 2021 mOG hammer: Wojciech Nowicki (Poland) 270-9

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    And now 81.58 for Henriksen.
    I am not sure how many NRs he has set today

    Comment


    • #32
      Amazing competition. Poland again with 1-3? Winkler similarly to Price underwhelms

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by becareful193 View Post
        Amazing competition. Poland again with 1-3? Winkler similarly to Price underwhelms
        The poles threw the bombs, winkler simply bombed!

        Comment


        • #34
          The Fonz wants that surname back

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by becareful193 View Post
            Amazing competition. Poland again with 1-3? Winkler similarly to Price underwhelms
            1-3 means places 1 and 3 and what's between, which is 2nd place. So no, it won't happen because there's only 2 Polish throwers in the final. If you meant places 1&2, well tthat's what you should type. This is not an obscure grammatical rule.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by becareful193 View Post
              Amazing competition. Poland again with 1-3? Winkler similarly to Price underwhelms
              Great hammer competition in general...... Rudy will only be 29 in Paris 2024. Price will be 31. A very underwhelming hammer throwing meet for the USA. Fortunately the women's discus and men's shot will make up for it.

              1. Connolly, IMHO opinion is still the American "GOAT"
              2. Lance Deal a solid 2nd on my All-time USA list
              3. Rudy just needs to get some post-record, international medals to move up my list


              Comment


              • #37
                A question if we have any hammer gurus here - what competition had the most 80 meter throws?

                I'm thinking rather than an OG or a EC, it would likely have been a Soviet championship, in the era of Syedikh/Litvinov/Nikulin/Tamm/et al.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by cigar95 View Post
                  A question if we have any hammer gurus here - what competition had the most 80 meter throws?

                  I'm thinking rather than an OG or a EC, it would likely have been a Soviet championship, in the era of Syedikh/Litvinov/Nikulin/Tamm/et al.
                  https://trackandfieldnews.com/mens-b...r-marks-place/
                  seven in 2007 WC
                  Sorry did not read your question correctly. Anyway. I have no idea.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by DET59 View Post

                    Great hammer competition in general...... Rudy will only be 29 in Paris 2024. Price will be 31. A very underwhelming hammer throwing meet for the USA. Fortunately the women's discus and men's shot will make up for it.

                    1. Connolly, IMHO opinion is still the American "GOAT"
                    2. Lance Deal a solid 2nd on my All-time USA list
                    3. Rudy just needs to get some post-record, international medals to move up my list

                    Really underwhelming throwing by all the Americans in the hammer but I do give Price a free pass given she was throwing on a fractured foot. You aren’t going to be competitive for global medals in that situation.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by cigar95 View Post
                      A question if we have any hammer gurus here - what competition had the most 80 meter throws?

                      I'm thinking rather than an OG or a EC, it would likely have been a Soviet championship, in the era of Syedikh/Litvinov/Nikulin/Tamm/et al.
                      If you mean how many performers (throwers that threw 80m in a competition), it's:

                      Competitions Performers
                      Osaka|27.08.2007| 7
                      Szombathely|14.07.2002| 6
                      Roma|01.09.1987| 6
                      Leningrad|12.06.1988| 6
                      Roma|12.07.2002| 5
                      München|07.08.2002| 5
                      Adler|01.06.1988| 5
                      Beijing|17.08.2008| 5
                      Bydgoszcz|10.06.2007| 5
                      Seoul|26.09.1988| 4
                      Moskva|23.06.1992| 4
                      Moskva|10.06.1990| 4
                      Kiev|11.07.1991| 4
                      Budapest|19.08.1998| 4
                      Athínai|10.06.2002| 4
                      Adler|24.05.1986| 4
                      Edmonton|05.08.2001| 4

                      If you meant total performance (throws over 80m by all competitors), then it's:

                      Competition Performances
                      Szombathely|14.07.2002| 17
                      Osaka|27.08.2007| 17
                      Leningrad|12.06.1988| 16
                      Beijing|17.08.2008| 15
                      Seoul|26.09.1988| 14
                      Lausanne|12.07.1990| 14
                      Budapest|20.08.1984| 14
                      Stuttgart|30.08.1986| 12
                      Koncha-Zaspa|27.04.2002| 12
                      Adler|01.06.1988| 12
                      Tallinn|22.06.1986| 11
                      Kiev|21.06.1984| 11
                      Edmonton|05.08.2001| 11
                      Roma|01.09.1987| 10
                      Tallinn|06.07.1988| 10
                      Roma|09.06.1992| 10
                      Sevilla|06.06.1992| 10
                      München|07.08.2002| 10
                      Moskva|23.06.1992| 10
                      Praha|29.06.2003| 10
                      Moskva|17.08.1984| 10
                      Barcelona|02.08.1992| 10
                      Budapest|19.08.1998| 10
                      Erfurt|23.06.1985| 10








                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Thank you! What was the meet in Hungary with the 17 performances? An international field, so not the Euros. (Leningrad in third is more in line with what I would have guessed. And the 12 at Stuttgart in 86 hold one of my favorite memories in the sport.)

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          The meet was the Szombathely MAL Cup Grand Prix I event, which was sponsored by Magyar Alumínium Termelő és Kereskedelmi Zrt.

                          It was the middle hammer meeting in tight series in July of Rome Golden Gala (12th) with 5x80m performances:

                          Igor Astapkovich 2
                          Andrey Skvaruk 1
                          Balázs Kiss 1
                          Vladislav Piskunov 1

                          The Szombathely MAL Cup (14th) with 17:

                          Tibor Gécsek 4
                          Adrián Annus 3
                          Koji Murofushi 3
                          Olli-Pekka Karjalainen 3
                          Aleksandr Krikun 2
                          Vladislav Piskunov 2

                          and (unamed) Szombathely (16th) with 2 competitions with 4 in total:
                          Koji Murofushi 2 competitons x 1 80m
                          Tibor Gécsek 2 comps x 1 80m

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Thanks again - an "era of respect" for the hammer community!

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by cigar95 View Post
                              Thanks again - an "era of respect" for the hammer community!
                              EL TORO, thanks for all the awesome information. Definitely a new golden era for hammer (as well as the shot and to a lesser degree the javelin). Too bad this will never happen for the women's shot and discus. Time to "re-start" those two events with an implement change in weight or dimension.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by DET59 View Post

                                EL TORO, thanks for all the awesome information. Definitely a new golden era for hammer (as well as the shot and to a lesser degree the javelin). Too bad this will never happen for the women's shot and discus. Time to "re-start" those two events with an implement change in weight or dimension.
                                Valerie Adams 21.24 in 2011 is the best since 2000, 5th best since 1990 and is the 183rd best performance. That is just stupid that those in power just pretend nothing was happening in the 70s and 80s

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X