Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 mOG 4x1: you sure you wanna open this one?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conor Dary
    replied
    How could they not practice...

Leave a comment:

• _Jay
    replied
    Originally posted by ATK View Post
    https://www.instagram.com/reel/CSNCb..._web_copy_link

Kenny B explaining that a couple days before he was even set to run the 200m, he was asking his coach if there was any word on what would happen with the 4x1, if they would practice etc, but he just said there was no communication at all from Team USA.

USA relay coaches are the best in the world!
    Just watched this interview last night. Pitiful. I’m glad he put it out there. You could hear the frustration in his voice. SMH.

Leave a comment:

• _Jay
    replied
    Italy’s passes were a thing of beauty. Monster leg by Jacobs, and incredible anchor from Tortu to walk down GB.

The last pass to Tortu, in full flight, with no delay, was textbook. *chefs Kiss.

Type of passing the US can only dream about man. 🤦🏽‍♂️

Leave a comment:

• Alcyallen
    replied
    Guessing the Italians used that long second leg thing by getting Jordan the stick early then him handing off late, always a smart move.

Think it started with Armin Hary in 1960.

Leave a comment:

• Weights&Shoes
    replied
    Originally posted by Track78 View Post
    Tortu's running style and mechanics are things of beauty and he has always nailed his dip at the line and today it proved the difference.
    Yup.

Hope he continues to grow (work on that start, 1st 30 metres more) and does more 200s regularly.

Leave a comment:

• Track78
    replied
    Tortu's running style and mechanics are things of beauty and he has always nailed his dip at the line and today it proved the difference. Brilliant run, but he did not outrun Andre De Grasse, not even close. De Grasse made up a ton of ground over the first 80m on everyone, Italy and GB were us too far in front.

Leave a comment:

• Alcyallen
    replied
    I have seen that a few times, guys who ran better with stick in hand. Just saw another one in Tortu.

Leave a comment:

• booond
    replied
    Originally posted by ATK View Post

Your right. 19.95 while at LSU in 2016. Also a 100m PB of 9.99 while at LSU in 2017. Both his 100 and 200 have gotten significantly slower since.

In 2021 he has only run 10.28 and 20.56
    He's had leg injuries, too.

Leave a comment:

• FleetingRedux
    replied
    Originally posted by CookyMonzta View Post

...Leaving the door wide-open for Tortu to snatch the gold medal off his neck. How fast has Tortu gone this year?
    Mitchell-Blake has regressed terribly over the years. He should be ashamed of himself. He shouldn't have given up that lead.

Leave a comment:

• Zelex
    replied
    Originally posted by Track&Field Fan View Post

Do you know if Sani-Brown has been injured? Did not look good in the 200. And what about Cambridge?
    I think Sani-Brown has been injured. He trains with the Tumbleweed group in Jacksonville, Florida with the likes of Bromell, De Grasse, Gemili. He pulled out of a couple of ATL meets this season although went to the trials in Japan where he performed sub-par. I think he finished 7th in 100m, he then pulled out of the 200m. No idea what's happening with Cambridge. I remember checking the trial results and noticed he couldn't make the 100m final!

Leave a comment:

• AS
    replied
    Originally posted by Trackrunner View Post
    Italy is inspired by that 100M and high jump gold. The power of inspiration is what brought them relay gold.
    Don't forget the two 20KW golds also.

Leave a comment:

• lexvid
    replied
    Originally posted by Weights&Shoes View Post

Brown to Blake was shaky too, almost thought they were about to bobble.
    So they run 37.70 to Bronze with 3 terrible exchanges...just off the CR of 37.64. Go figure LOL.

Leave a comment:

• Track&Field Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by Weights&Shoes View Post

Totally sucks. After 2016 all eyes were on the crop of young sprinters (Sani-Brown, Kiriyu, Yamagata, Cambridge) they had and everything moving forward was to build up to Tokyo. Been shaky ever since.
    Do you know if Sani-Brown has been injured? Did not look good in the 200. And what about Cambridge?

Leave a comment:

• ItalianFan
    replied
    I am speechless

Originally posted by CookyMonzta View Post

...Leaving the door wide-open for Tortu to snatch the gold medal off his neck. How fast has Tortu gone this year?
    10.10 in the heats here

Leave a comment:

• Zelex
    replied
    Italy were my dark horse to win Bronze! Definitely didn't expect Gold.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X