Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 mOG 4x1: you sure you wanna open this one?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wooow the USA reminded me of Jamaica in 2019. A meh run producing a decent but unspectacular time that simply wasn't enough given the depth of the event. Huge upset, especially considering their exchanges weren't particularly bad for the most part.

Even with Tracey Jamaica look excellent. That first exchange was awful so room for improvement. Funny looking back at how many people were counting them out, but Atticus called it a while back.

De Grasse is a beast, and has handed an extremely busy workload very well. Canada, Italy and the UK are the biggest threats to a Jamaican victory, probably in that order.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJG

The rules don't allow it.
      Presumably you mean US rules

Comment

• Originally posted by 18.99s View Post

The Olympic rules require that every individual entered in the 100m or 400m must also be in the 6 names for the corresponding relay pool.

So if 3 are in the individual event, you can't have an entirely separate quartet who is dedicated to relay-only training.
        Can you reference the rule please.

It seems a rather strange rule because what about countries with entered relay teams but none of whom in the individual event?

Comment

• Originally posted by DJG

On all the relay members who did!'t insist on practicing until they got it right.
          That blame falls on the coach

Comment

• Is Carl Lewis not available? Who are the coaches? Is it Orin Richburg or is it Rose Monday/ Mouse Holloway as originally announced. I was listening to live stream of Bianca Knight, Kellie Wells, and J. Wariner and it was mentioned that Wallace Spearmon and M.Freeman were the asst. men and women’s relay coaches. FIRE EVERYONE.

Comment

• Ronnie Baker was looking like Leroy Burrell struggling to run that 200m curve lol.

Comment

• Jamaica looked surprisingly good.

I hope they don't do something silly, and drop the baton in the final.
                My heart is still in the Caribbean....

Comment

• The USA's problem wasn't baton exchanges, it was foot speed. It seems the lack of holding camp really did affect some athletes more than others, maybe the less experienced ones?

In defence of Flumpy, he has been saying it for ages on his podcasts and on Twitter. 🤷

Comment

• Tipping against US M4*1 remains my one (and only) consistently right strategy. Now I just need some baton drops in the final to get my forecast JPN victory...

Comment

• oh WOW.

well, to be fair, the US was in a stacked heat. who would have thought GHA and GER were in such form?

is 38.10 the fastest non q ever?

but the USTAF excuses are HYSTERICAL. you ran an injured runner, who “wasn’t himself”? what crowd noise? shadows on the track? and the one about the anchor.

this is funnier than anything you could possibly imagine.

Comment

• Originally posted by uakari View Post
                        Nope; Canada's 37.91 in Doha is. (Source: T&FN )

Comment

• The era of using 2 reserves to run the heats in the 4x100 is over, if the US and Jamaica want to regularly secure places in the 100m final. The rest of the world have come too close for that to work consistently these days, and most of them are using their best 4.

That old strategy cost the US men a place in the final, and put the Jamaican women dangerously close to being eliminated (3rd in their heat). Going forward, the US and Jamaica will have to use at least 3 of their best 4 in the 4x100 relay heats, or small errors will get them eliminated.
                          Last edited by 18.99s; 08-05-2021, 10:54 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wiederganger View Post

In defence of Flumpy, he has been saying it for ages on his podcasts and on Twitter. 🤷
                            Thankyou.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuariki View Post

Can you reference the rule please.

It seems a rather strange rule because what about countries with entered relay teams but none of whom in the individual event?
                              I can't find the rule right now, but others here can confirm that it's a long-established Olympic rule that athletes entered in the individual 100m or 400m must also be in the 6-name pool for the corresponding relay.

It's probably a headcount thing, because if the pool of 6 could be entirely separate from the 3 in the individual event, that would be up to 9 athletes.

Countries which don't have anybody in the individual event can simply name any 6 athletes they want.

Comment

• Originally posted by uakari View Post
                                oh WOW.

well, to be fair, the US was in a stacked heat. who would have thought GHA and GER were in such form?

but the USTAF excuses are HYSTERICAL. you ran an injured runner, who “wasn’t himself”? what crowd noise? shadows on the track? and the one about the anchor.

this is funnier than anything you could possibly imagine.
                                You do know that wasn't an official statement, but rather fiction created by the poster?

Comment

Working...
                                X