Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 mOG 4x1: you sure you wanna open this one?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was Bromell injured? If so why was he in the relay? While far from the only issue he was very average at lead off. It seems only injury could completely explain the degree to which his performances have declined over the season. Even missing a peak/ineffective taper would not have caused that big of a drop. Technically he looked awkward in Tokyo as if forgotten how to run. I don’t doubt the USATF holding camp procedures and likely resulting jet lag had a negative effect on a number of athletes.
    Last edited by cladthin; 08-05-2021, 09:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tm71 View Post
      Carl Lewis remarked: I’m so frustrated because I’m so passionate about those three letters, USA,” Lewis said. “That’s why. I love my country. I love winning. That’s what gets me. How can we let the United States down so much in an unacceptable way like that?”
      Forget the exchanges....The US was in 3rd on the homestretch and got outrun badly...by China! Among others...

Last edited by Conor Dary; 08-05-2021, 04:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaguarclaws View Post

Exactly except you run Baker lead off and Bednarek 3rd
        This. Baker was a disaster on that third leg.
        Apparently Ignorance is bliss

Comment

• The USA is a very arrogant sports Nation... not all, but many...if I weren't an American I'd be against them as well...just being honest.
          I cringe every time I hear some average asshole proclaiming "America is the greatest country on earth" That shit is earned...everytime.
          This is yet another example how we fuck over our natural human resources...we truly deserved that ass kicking.

Comment

• Originally posted by spammer View Post
            Really would like to see Blake and Minzie get one last olympic gold in the final. i don't think Forte has ever won one.
            It's the first Olympics for Forte. He was on the 4x1 relay team in the 2017 World Champs, but we know how that ended.

Comment

• But are USA Track & Feild to be blame, surely four guys should and be able to get a stick around without issues, the issue was the third leg, I think some of the blame needs to be passed to the athletes,do we think the coaches told baker to take off so late? He did it in practice and knew a 9.8 fella would be barreling down the lane. They maybe responsible for the actual personnel, but the actual race and bad baton exchanges and takeovers solely lies with Kerley & Baker, the last leg just did not have the speed to maintain the third place.

Comment

• USATF would probably never pay market value but for a national relay coach etc. Randy Huntington. He coaches the Chinese relay teams, Su Bingtian and TJ silver medalist Zhu among others.
                Last edited by cladthin; 08-05-2021, 05:11 PM.

Comment

• the last leg just did not have the speed to maintain the third place.

So why was he there? He got outrun by the Chinese anchor!

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
                    the last leg just did not have the speed to maintain the third place.

So why was he there? He got outrun by the Chinese anchor!
                    LOL, it was funny reading that.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATK View Post
                      Apparently the plan for the final was:

Kenny B - Kerley - Baker - Lyles
                      So why not a warn up race,, stupid idea using alternates in a 4x1 it makes no sense at all. Sure the 4x4 but not the 4x1.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alcyallen View Post

So why not a warn up race,, stupid idea using alternates in a 4x1 it makes no sense at all. Sure the 4x4 but not the 4x1.
                        Was going to say they presumably wanted to give the 200m finalists a day off, but then again Canada ran DeGrasse and Brown who both survived 8)

Comment

• Originally posted by mgallagh43 View Post

Was going to say they presumably wanted to give the 200m finalists a day off, but then again Canada ran DeGrasse and Brown who both survived 8)
                          Canada also would have had zero chance of qualifying without Brown + De Grasse.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATK View Post

Canada also would have had zero chance of qualifying without Brown + De Grasse.
                            Very good point...Canada wasn't fucking around.

Comment

• Originally posted by beebee View Post

Very good point...Canada wasn't fucking around.
                              They had 3 sprinters back from the Bronze medal winning Rio team.

Comment

• Originally posted by lexvid View Post

They had 3 sprinters back from the Bronze medal winning Rio team.
                                Those 3 sprinters were Brown, De Grasse and Rodney.

In 2016 final, De Grasse got the baton on anchor in 5th.

Comment

Working...
                                X