Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 mOG 4x1: you sure you wanna open this one?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hipNrip
    replied
    Originally posted by DJG

The rules don't allow it.
    what rule is that?

Leave a comment:

• Track78
    replied
    Can we change the topic and talk about what a beast Andre De Grasse is? Doubled up here, then runs the heat and walks down almost everyone. Canadians ran him out there to ensure they gave themselves the very best chance of advancing and he did not disappoint.

Leave a comment:

• guru
    replied
    So I guess this is where I come in with my traditional upsweep pass post

Leave a comment:

• hipNrip
    replied
    The irony of the narrative: Jamaican male sprinting on a downward spiral and American male sprinting on the rise again. Today we had Jamaican sprinters go gold bronze in the 110 hurdlers and top time in the 4x1 heats with subpar exchanges and easing up on final leg.

US must do something different. As suggested by some already, how about taking the 4th-7th finishers at the us trials and have them train together until the championships/Olympics?

Leave a comment:

• 18.99s
    replied
    Somebody on FB wrote that this is the first time in Olympic and World Championship history where the US men didn't win a medal in the 4x1 and also didn't DQ or DNF. Is that true?

Leave a comment:

• DrJay
    replied
    Groundhog Day

Leave a comment:

• Scratch_leg
    replied

official statement: inured lead off runner??? Is Bromell injured, and if so, why in the hell did you run him…?

Leave a comment:

• player
    replied
    Originally posted by gh View Post

i suspect Gillespie has participated in USATF relay camps in the past and Williams obviously hasn't.
    That was my guess: that it was based on past relay participation.

Consistent with the "We just need to get the baton around" thinking that led to this outcome.

Thanks for the laugh in the updated thread title.

Leave a comment:

• SoCal45
    replied
    Originally posted by asindc View Post

Even with Bromell and Gillespie they would have qualified with even a slightly below average 2nd exhange instead of an awful one.
    but you can NEVER count on USA having "even a slightly below average 2nd exchange"...you should be able to count on their speed to make up of it...it was lack of speed on legs 1,3 and 4 that killed their chances.

Leave a comment:

• SoCal45
    replied
    Originally posted by beebee View Post
    Selfish of Bromell knowing he wasn't 100%...sometimes you have to sit down for the good of the team.
    none of the guys had better show up for any other meet the rest of the year! except Kerley.

Leave a comment:

• booond
    replied

i suspect Gillespie has participated in USATF relay camps in the past and Williams obviously hasn't.
    Williams ran at OU. He had more recent experience than any of them.

Leave a comment:

• beebee
    replied
    Selfish of Bromell knowing he wasn't 100%...sometimes you have to sit down for the good of the team.

Leave a comment:

• SoCal45
    replied

what camps? when, 3 years ago.

Leave a comment:

• aaronk
    replied
    The US should have dropped the baton on purpose!
    Then they would at least have had their normal excuse for failing--instead of "They SUCK!!".
    LOL

Leave a comment:

• Mr Lover Lover
    replied
    Can someone explained what has happened to Brommel between his last Diamond league race and here? He said he's not injured. I thought his exchanged with Kerley was decent, he just did not gain any traction on the chinese. Kerley held his own but my goodness what was Baker doing, he left a second late and the handoff was awful. As for the anchor, the less said the better. The race said all that needed to be said.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X