Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 mOG 4x1: you sure you wanna open this one?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The American Track league seemed good. With the worlds in Eugene , it would be nice for the athletes to some how get relay teams together for worlds. I am talking about the US. We have a broken system, yet we refuse to tweak it to make it work.

Comment

• I still can't get over the USA performance in the semi. Maybe it's been posted upstream, but this vid has a good aerial view. Seems like the anchor was 3rd/4th when they straightened out, and just got beat. https://youtu.be/6jkfWCBev0E?t=195s

Comment

• Originally posted by uakari View Post

japan underperformed here against high expectations. they ran a slower time than the US (the US!) in the heats.
        All the Japanese sprinters underperformed in their individual events. Obviously, they didn't peak at the right time. And their slow qualifying time forced them to take a bigger risk in the final, which led to the disaster.

Comment

• Someone mentioned earlier that Sani has been injured. I am hoping to see him recovered and back at it next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alcyallen View Post

Yep, just been awhile...

In college, Kerley ran 13 times on Texas A&M's 4x1 relay. Eight of those 13 he ran the second leg; none were in major championship meets. When titles were on the line, he anchored five times, including in his last four races in 2017, the last time he competed in the event.

Ronnie Baker ran the third leg at TCU. but they both looked like it was a first.
            Baker screwed up that exchange by not getting out on time, Kerley did his job.
            Last edited by jazzcyclist; 08-10-2021, 11:04 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alcyallen View Post

Yep, just been awhile...

In college, Kerley ran 13 times on Texas A&M's 4x1 relay. Eight of those 13 he ran the second leg; none were in major championship meets. When titles were on the line, he anchored five times, including in his last four races in 2017, the last time he competed in the event.

Ronnie Baker ran the third leg at TCU. but they both looked like it was a first.
              Your attempt to paint Kerley as "the" or even "a" screwup in this case has been wrong from the start since he was the only of the quartet who did what he was supposed to. This includes being unaware of Kerley's history at A&M which you're now attempting to defend your opinion with.

Comment

• Kerley not only made no obvious mistakes but also appeared to run by far the best leg.

Comment

• Originally posted by cladthin View Post
                  Kerley not only made no obvious mistakes but also appeared to run by far the best leg.
                  It’s crazy that Kerley took the blame for the relay (under)performance via social media.

Comment

• so true Kerley is the only one who did everything right. Bromell sshould have never been on there. Is he injured or did he just peak wrong. He did run alot of races early on. Kerley did right. Baker Give me a break. Wasnt Baker the one too that said "I wish him luck" when he found out Kerley had chosen the shorter sprints? He looked horrible . If anything he should have been starting. Enough of the everyone participates stuff. That is why you had Gillespie on there. But at anchor????? It should have been Baker, Kerley, Bednarek, Lyles.

Comment

• [QUOTE=runningforpi;n1717446]

It’s crazy that Kerley took the blame for the relay (under)performance via social media.[/QU
                      True leaders often claim responsibility for failures, while citing the team for victories.

Comment

• [QUOTE=KevinR;n1717453]
                        Originally posted by runningforpi View Post

It’s crazy that Kerley took the blame for the relay (under)performance via social media.[/QU
                        True leaders often claim responsibility for failures, while citing the team for victories.
                        Quite true and I hope he emerges as a leader for US men’s short sprints.

Comment

• Kerley is awesome. I really want to see him smash a 200m this season!

Comment

• A few things about that relay.

First off Ronnie Baker was on that third leg for TCU, so he had experience there. Actually the most experienced guy we had on a third leg of a 4x1.

Saw the race 5/6 times, Kerley had a heck of a time finding Bakers hand regardless of when he took off, he was all over the place. That coupled with Bromell being less than he can be, a guy on anchor who had no business being there, yep, combined we sucked.

Seriously think with our depth we could bring in a team to just run the 4x1, can plug in our stud to anchor. He's been running anchor sinc
                            Micah Williams...Terrence Laird...Isaih Young....Noah/Bednarek/Kerley? Could have won the gold.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaguarclaws View Post
                              The American Track league seemed good. With the worlds in Eugene , it would be nice for the athletes to some how get relay teams together for worlds. I am talking about the US. We have a broken system, yet we refuse to tweak it to make it work.
                              It is going to take the athletes taking the initiative on their own to organize relay practices at individual meets to correct this system.

Comment

• I know I know there is more to the 4x1 than just 100m speed, BUT....we do take our team from the top placings at the trials. Right now the USA still has 12 of the fastest 20 100m times in the world at 100m. And it's always like that, we always have more fast guys than anyone. We could bring in just a 4x1 team, we have that kind of depth.

We had a 9.91 guy we never used, how many countries even have a 9.91 guy?

This has been done a couple times before, won gold both times.

Remember that French team back in the day without a stud on the team running a WR? They had experience as a unit not unlike that Canadian team with Bailey or those HSI, SMTC teams. This just throwing guys together thing ain't working.
                                Last edited by Alcyallen; 08-10-2021, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X