Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 mOG 4x1: you sure you wanna open this one?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Alcyallen View Post
    A few things about that relay.

First off Ronnie Baker was on that third leg for TCU, so he had experience there. Actually the most experienced guy we had on a third leg of a 4x1.

Saw the race 5/6 times, Kerley had a heck of a time finding Bakers hand regardless of when he took off, he was all over the place. That coupled with Bromell being less than he can be, a guy on anchor who had no business being there, yep, combined we sucked.

Seriously think with our depth we could bring in a team to just run the 4x1, can plug in our stud to anchor. He's been running anchor sinc
    Micah Williams...Terrence Laird...Isaih Young....Noah/Bednarek/Kerley? Could have won the gold.
    It was clearly on Baker and any prior experience he had on third did not prove to be helpful. He waddled out side to side slowly in more of a run than a sprint-he was the athlete all over the place. By the time he got his hand back it went into Kerley’s left shoulder. That would be difficult for anyone to make a pass.

The incoming runner has to keep his speed up so the baton velocity does not drop. The outgoing runner has to accelerate aggressively for the same reason. The outgoing runner is also responsible for providing a good target. That is not achieved when he accelerates slowly and he allows the incoming athlete to get so close to him that his hand hits the torso. Baker’s sub maximal run also negated the best leg of the team just run by Kerley.

Comment

• Originally posted by cladthin View Post

It was clearly on Baker and any prior experience he had on third did not prove to be helpful. He waddled out side to side slowly in more of a run than a sprint-he was the athlete all over the place. By the time he got his hand back it went into Kerley’s left shoulder. That would be difficult for anyone to make a pass.

The incoming runner has to keep his speed up so the baton velocity does not drop. The outgoing runner has to accelerate aggressively for the same reason. The outgoing runner is also responsible for providing a good target. That is not achieved when he accelerates slowly and he allows the incoming athlete to get so close to him that his hand hits the torso. Baker’s sub maximal run also negated the best leg of the team just run by Kerley.
      Amen to all of this.

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post

Amen to all of this.
        Yes sir! Kerley did great. Not only did he run the best leg but Jacob’s didn’t pull away from him either. Kerley held his own vs Jacob’s. Bromell shouldn’t have been on there. He should have clearly outrun the Italian first leg . He didn’t make up any ground.

Comment

Just watched it again, what did Baker do again? All I saw was two guys failing to hand off the baton, both fumbling around. And Kerley did nothing special just as Ato said.

But, too big a deal is being made of this, moving on.

Comment

Just watched it again, what did Baker do again? All I saw was two guys failing to hand off the baton, both fumbling around. And Kerley did nothing special just as Ato said.

Obviously you want to assign Baker’s mistake to Kerley or have the two of them share the blame but it’s on Baker’s easy and slow start, solely, and why you’d like to move on. Are you watching a different video than the one from Tokyo, possibly some old TCU footage? I stated very clearly what Baker did-read again if you’ve already forgotten.

Boldon said nothing specifically about Kerley’s leg and made a general comment about the team. In particular Bromell made no dent on the first leg and Gillespie was run down by three teams. Those legs were poor as well as Baker’s leg which was never going to be good considering he got out so casually despite all of his previous third leg experience. Kerley obviously had the only good leg.
            Last edited by cladthin; 08-10-2021, 10:41 PM.

Comment

Whenever the incoming runner runs up the back of the outgoing runner, it's ALWAYS the fault of the outgoing runner. No video analysis is required.
              Last edited by jazzcyclist; 08-10-2021, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Whenever the incoming runner runs up the back of the outgoing runner, it's ALWAYS the fault of the outgoing runner.
                Absolutely. I don’t know of a single coach who would disagree with that statement.

Comment

Whenever the incoming runner runs up the back of the outgoing runner, it's ALWAYS the fault of the outgoing runner. No video analysis is required.
                  I ran a few 4x1's back in the day, ya don't just blindly run with no awareness of what is going on. i have had to slow because of a sluggish relayers get off, I didn't ignore it.

Bottom line is these guys didn't work together and it showed,

Comment

I ran a few 4x1's back in the day, ya don't just blindly run with no awareness of what is going on. i have had to slow because of a sluggish relayers get off, I didn't ignore it.

Bottom line is these guys didn't work together and it showed,
                    Kerley had to slow, too, in order to adjust to Baker’s easy acceleration and when Baker’s receiving hand hit him in the shoulder.
                    Last edited by cladthin; 08-11-2021, 12:17 AM.

Comment

Kerley had to slow, too, in order to adjust to Baker’s easy acceleration and when Baker’ receiving hand hit him in the shoulder.
                      Seen it a half dozen times, seen it from three different angles, simply a bad handoff couldn't have been better.

Comment

A "sluggish relayer" is a runner not doing his goddamn job which is to get out like he got out when the marks were set in practice. Any time the incoming runner has to slow down the outgoing runner didn't do his job. Incoming runners should never have to adjust their speed.

Comment

Seen it a half dozen times, seen it from three different angles, simply a bad handoff couldn't have been better.
                          Those “half dozen” viewings did not serve you well-you missed what actually happened though I doubt 6 more times would help. It was a poor, slow takeoff from Baker and nothing wrong by Kerley. The lack of relay practice didn’t affect Kerley negatively.
                          Last edited by cladthin; 08-11-2021, 12:22 AM.

Comment

A "sluggish relayer" is a runner not doing his goddamn job which is to get out like he got out when the marks were set in practice. Any time the incoming runner has to slow down the outgoing runner didn't do his job. Incoming runners should never have to adjust their speed.
                            There is no doubt Baker didn't get out well, but this.....neve slow down....is silly, ya do what the situation calls for at the moment. Kerley saw the situation, just like all of us who ever ran a 4x1 do, yes adjustments are made to fit the situation, both guys did a poor job of adjusting to a bad situation.
                            Last edited by Alcyallen; 08-11-2021, 12:38 AM.

Comment

Those “half dozen” viewings did not serve you well-you missed what actually happened though I doubt 6 more times would help. It was a poor, slow takeoff from Baker and nothing wrong by Kerley. The lack of relay practice didn’t affect Kerley negatively.
                              Saw what happened just like we all did, neither guys adjusted to a bad situation, pretty much just that simple.

Comment

Saw what happened just like we all did, neither guys adjusted to a bad situation, pretty much just that simple.
                                Yes we all saw it though most everyone here saw what actually happened and then there is your incorrect assessment. It’s just that simple.

Comment

Working...
                                X