Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 mOG 4x1: you sure you wanna open this one?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    A "sluggish relayer" is a runner not doing his goddamn job which is to get out like he got out when the marks were set in practice. Any time the incoming runner has to slow down the outgoing runner didn't do his job. Incoming runners should never have to adjust their speed.
    Jazz totally agree! Baker didn’t get out of the zone. He’s the same guy that said “ I wish him luck” when he heard about Kerley running the 1/2 instead of the 4. Well Baker looks real dumb now. Not only did he run slower than Kerley in the final , he also screwed up the handoff by not accelerating hard out of the zone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alcyallen View Post

There is no doubt Baker didn't get out well, but this.....neve slow down....is silly, ya do what the situation calls for at the moment. Kerley saw the situation, just like all of us who ever ran a 4x1 do, yes adjustments are made to fit the situation, both guys did a poor job of adjusting to a bad situation.
      I don't know who coached you to adjust your speed based on what you think the outgoing runner is doing, but no reputable track coach teaches that nonsense, they teach their athletes to RUN THROUGH THE ZONE.

Comment

• Originally posted by cladthin View Post

Yes we all saw it though most everyone here saw what actually happened and then there is your incorrect assessment. It’s just that simple.
        And no football coach teachs fumbles or INT's but they still happen. In a perfect world yep ya run as fast as ya can but when confronted with something not so perfect ya need to adjust, Just going to have to be blunt......I wouldn't have fumbled around like that regardless of what Baker did or didn't do. The whole thing was raggety and poorly done. And that is the reality of the situation.

My final take on this.
        Last edited by Alcyallen; 08-11-2021, 02:08 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alcyallen View Post

And no football coach teachs fumbles or INT's but they still happen. In a perfect world yep ya run as fast as ya can but when confronted with something not so perfect ya need to adjust, Just going to have to be blunt......I wouldn't have fumbled around like that regardless of what Baker did or didn't do. The whole thing was raggety and poorly done. And that is the reality of the situation.

My final take on this.
          Yes Texas/Brutal, etc., Baker was at fault and Kerley executed as well as could be done given RB’s slow start. The only fumbling around was by the outgoing leg taking a casual acceleration acting as if an 10.5 guy was going to be passing to him.

Incoming runners are correctly taught to keep their speed up in the exchange zone. Outgoing runners are taught to get out and make the incoming runner chase them through the zone so the baton velocity does not drastically drop. For someone who probably claims to be a fan of the sport you don’t know much about proper execution. That’s the reality of the situation.

Comment

• Alcy, Jazz knows his stuff. I coach track . I tell my incoming runners to run hard threw the zone. I even tell them to run over the out going runner if they don’t get out of the way.. I don’t mean this literally. I do it in front of both legs to scare the out going into going out hard.

Comment

• I was wondering if the US would ever attempt to you the up swipe method the Japanese use. Now it does mean the runners need to get closer together.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaguarclaws View Post
                I was wondering if the US would ever attempt to you the up swipe method the Japanese use. Now it does mean the runners need to get closer together.
                I would not use the Japanese as an example if I were you. Correct me if I am wrong but didn't Japan have a DNF in Tokyo. Why? Because they failed to negotiate the first exchange. No passing method is infallible. Mistakes are gonna happen.

In the 1968 Olympics didn't the U.S. use the up sweep/swipe in the 4x1s and the 4x4s? If I am not mistaken we did.

Comment

• Keep the push pass permitting greater free distance and speed potential just (I know this is crazy) practice it more than a day or two prior to running it.

Comment

• This is true but the US runners are so worried about individual results and too worried about getting hurt running relays that they don’t practice, plus the egos of who runs where etc. We need to fix this.

Comment

• I don't know if this has been mentioned but Gillespie executed well but he just didn't have the legs, so I don't blame him at all, rather I blame the coaches for putting him out there.

Comment

I don't know if this has been mentioned but Gillespie executed well but he just didn't have the legs, so I don't blame him at all, rather I blame the coaches for putting him out there.
                        Indeed....the guy was 6th in the Trials.....

Comment

• Does anyone have a link to the Men’s 4x100 prelims? The Olympic Channel Replays only show the finals snd I want to see the USA bad handoff.

Comment

I don't know if this has been mentioned but Gillespie executed well but he just didn't have the legs, so I don't blame him at all, rather I blame the coaches for putting him out there.
                            There was only one bad (horrible) pass. The real issue other than the awful second exchange execution (Baker) was poor quality of the legs aside, of course, from Kerley .

The coaches would do well to time the athletes electronically-if they don't currently- various accelerations and velocties of the athletes in a practice. If anyone had any doubts about. it before, they should no longer believe that speed is a completely static quality. Bromell and Gillespie clearly fell way of where they were earlier in the season. With timing they could determine current abilities for each athlete.
                            Last edited by cladthin; 08-12-2021, 10:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Halfmiler2 View Post
                              Does anyone have a link to the Men’s 4x100 prelims? The Olympic Channel Replays only show the finals snd I want to see the USA bad handoff.
                              Nbcolympics.com still has replays of all the sessions available.

Comment

• Originally posted by Halfmiler2 View Post
                                Does anyone have a link to the Men’s 4x100 prelims? The Olympic Channel Replays only show the finals snd I want to see the USA bad handoff.
                                If you insist....here it is...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6jkfWCBev0E

Comment

Working...
                                X