Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 mOG 4x1: you sure you wanna open this one?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jjimbojames View Post

I will be crushed if she’s not clean!
    👀count me shocked about Jacob’s not competing the rest of the year🙄

Comment

• Originally posted by Powell View Post
      OK, I rewatched the race, and it looks to me like Gillespie is running with a limp in the second half of the race. In the early part he's actually running decently, but in the final 50 EVERYONE makes up METERS on him. And I don't just mean people like DeGrasse and Tortu, but also the relatively average anchor runners.
      He did appear to get out well for 30-40m and then he went backwards.

Comment

• Interview with the responsible of sprinters at Italian Federation:

-after the disappointment of the individual 100m event, Tortu was desperate, didn't want to run anymore. it was a difficult situation, lots of continuous message with him and his coach (who is is father).
        - the exchange between Jacobs and Desalu was changed before the final. In the semifinal, they exchanged at 18-20m while in the final it was moved to 25m (of the 30 of the exchanging zone). "the baton traveled in 2.71 seconds compared to 2.88 of the heat".
        - Patta had a minor injury after the European Team Championships. He called Patta's coach telling him that he would have been taken to Olympics and to prepare him to be ready for Tokyo. So Patta's team skipped National Championships and European U23 to focus on being ready for Olympics.
        -Women 4x100 is reported to have done more than 500 exchanges between 2017 and the OG.

Comment

• Originally posted by gm View Post

I don't know that I would say he was clearly out of shape, but we have no way of knowing that.
          It was revealed after the failed prelim that Gillespie parted ways with John Smith either right before OT or directly after. I don’t know if that would have any impact on his performance however.

Comment

• Did anyone post Gillespie's breakdown about what happened?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWsj...ravonGillespie

Comment

• Originally posted by Weights&Shoes View Post
              Did anyone post Gillespie's breakdown about what happened?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWsj...ravonGillespie
              I'm not blaming anyone, except when I am...

Comment

• Well, that was a torturous 19 minutes. I think Shakespeare said it best, “ the ‘person’ doth protest too much, me thinks.” What stood out to me the most was, you were on the biggest stage at the biggest event And arguably one of the biggest races of your life, and you don’t lean??? Really???He is right about one thing, there’s plenty of blame/ reasons for that poor performance… hopefully everyone will learn from it, but doubtful.

Comment

• I thought the comments within the first 5-6 mins were interesting only in regard to the practice sessions and/or lack of them were interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuariki View Post

A stupid pathetic unwarranted back seat driver comment saying he should be ashamed of himself.

A silver medal, losing gold by 0.01 (0.26%) is nothing to be ashamed of when you lost to someone who was marginally superior.
                    I stand by what I said. The guy has not improved over the years. I have been following him since his days at LSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by FleetingRedux View Post

I stand by what I said. The guy has not improved over the years. I have been following him since his days at LSU.
                      If you had been following both athletes then you would have known that for this season, because it is this season that counts, and not previous seasons (including since his days at LSU) is that their respective best times for this year are:

10.10 and 20.40 for Tortu
                      10.28 and 20.56 for Mitchell-Blake

Therefore, it was always likely that Tortu was going to run down Mitchell-Blake.

Comment

• You missed my point. I was talking about his lack of improvement over the years. He ran sub 20 and 10 low while at LSU. What is the cause of his regression? Is it laziness? I am not sure he is hungry enough. That's my .02.

Comment

• Originally posted by FleetingRedux View Post
                          You missed my point. I was talking about his lack of improvement over the years. He ran sub 20 and 10 low while at LSU. What is the cause of his regression? Is it laziness? I am not sure he is hungry enough. That's my .02.
                          I don't think I missed the point.

You said he should be ashamed of himself because he should not have given up the lead.

You are the one who should be ashamed of himself for making such a comment.

Comment

• We run...

Christian Coleman...Justin Gatlin...Ronnie Baker....Noah Lyles

We win.

We run...

Trayvon Bromell...Fred Kerley...Kenny Bednarek....Micah Williams

We win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alcyallen View Post
                              We run...
                              We drop baton...

Relays aren't run and won by lists of fastest times. They are run and won by practise as a team and, often, luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vault-emort View Post

We drop baton...

Relays aren't run and won by lists of fastest times. They are run and won by practise as a team and, often, luck.
                                Then why not run the NCAA wining 4x1 team, that team ran together all season. Why do we go with who ends up in the top 6 at the trials in a 100m?

I can see using our stud on anchor but the other three only there to run the relay like we saw in 1932.

But when I do my "fantasy" 4x1, I have to go with something like this...

Arkansas

Omar McLoud...Wallace Spearmon...Tyson Gay...Jarrion Lawson

Each on the leg they excelled in.
                                Alcyallen
                                Last edited by Alcyallen; 09-11-2021, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X