Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 mOG 4x1: you sure you wanna open this one?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Alcyallen View Post

Then why not run the NCAA wining 4x1 team, that team ran together all season. Why do we go with who ends up in the top 6 at the trials in a 100m?

I can see using our stud on anchor but the other three only there to run the relay like we saw in 1932.

But when I do my "fantasy" 4x1, I have to go with something like this...

Arkansas

Omar McLoud...Wallace Spearmon...Tyson Gay...Jarrion Lawson

Each on the leg they excelled in.
    Read through the entire thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post

Read through the entire thread.
      Obviously in a 4x1 hand offs are important, so why do we run our 4 fastest guys?***

With our sprint depth we could use our 4-7 top sprinters to run the 4x1, they just practice practice practice. Hell, we had a 9.91 guy in Micah Williams we never used, what country can say that?

In 1960 the USA ran the Tennessee State womens 4x1, yep...gold.

Like I mentioned in 1932 we brought a team just to run the 4x1, yep....gold.

*** Not sure why Larry Black replaced Rey Robinson in 1972, anyone know?
      Last edited by Alcyallen; 09-11-2021, 04:43 PM.

Comment

*** Not sure why Larry Black replaced Rey Robinson in 1972, anyone know?
        'Robinson was not chosen for the relay as 200 silver medalist Larry Black was picked for his turn-running ability.'

http://www.olympedia.org/results/61146

Comment

• Originally posted by br View Post

'Robinson was not chosen for the relay as 200 silver medalist Larry Black was picked for his turn-running ability.'

http://www.olympedia.org/results/61146

In 1972 Rey Robinson was the fifth ranked 100m sprinter in the world, but he couldn't make our 4x1team, wow!

How about....

Gerald Tinker...Robert Taylor...Eddie Hart...Rey Robinson
          Last edited by Alcyallen; 09-11-2021, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Then why not run the NCAA wining 4x1 team, that team ran together all season.
            Because the winning 4x1 team from NCAAs had a non-American on it and would have been DFL by about 3-4m with their season best time.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Big Tusk;n1723610]

Because the winning 4x1 team from NCAAs had a non-American on it and would have been DFL by about 3-4m with their season best time.

[/QUO
              Come on man it wasn't obvious I was talking in the future?

Bottom line is what chance would a well oiled NCAA team stand vs four faster sprinters?

Comment

• Originally posted by Weights&Shoes View Post
                Did anyone post Gillespie's breakdown about what happened?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWsj...ravonGillespie
                Fascinating! From the shot taken near the 100m start, the US seems to have only 1 team beat when Gillespie gets the stick.
                Who were the relay coaches that he mentioned? He mentioned 1 that did not make the trip to Tokyo, another 1 that the relay team practiced with at first, and then still another coach that they did the final practice with.

Comment

• Also, usually there are splits available for the 4 x 100 even if they are revised later. I checked PJ Vazel's twitter as he is usually a good source and found no splits. Anyone?

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter Michaelson View Post

Fascinating! From the shot taken near the 100m start, the US seems to have only 1 team beat when Gillespie gets the stick.
                    Who were the relay coaches that he mentioned? He mentioned 1 that did not make the trip to Tokyo, another 1 that the relay team practiced with at first, and then still another coach that they did the final practice with.
                    US had two teams beat: Turkey, which was already out of it, and Ghana. A couple of others were essentially even

Fifth place in a fast enough time would advance. So all Gillespie had to do was pass one team and stay ahead of Ghana.

He passed Netherlands but got passed by the Ghana anchor, Joseph Amoah, who has a 10.01 PB.

Lyles or Bednarek would have advanced the team. One of them should have anchored.

Comment

• First time I've seen CG's video and I cringed thru the whole thing. He does ultimately take responsibility for not driving through the finish and not leaning, but the whole thing makes me question the USA's commitment to the 4x1. There are many HS teams that pass better and know how to finish a leg. This is completely unsat.

Comment

• Ujah's b sample is also positive.

Comment

• That medal goes down the drain. Down to 5 for the UK.

CJ Ujah: British Olympic 4x100m relay silver medallist's 'B' sample positive

https://www.bbc.com/sport/athletics/58559089

Comment

• If the results are updated, China would get bronze, which would be the country's first medal in a track event since 1996

Comment

• Originally posted by ATK View Post
                              If the results are updated, China would get bronze, which would be the country's first medal in a track event since 1996
                              Liu Xiang 2004 110H gold.

I know you know your stuff. Seems like an odd one to draw a blank on,considering he was the first, and still the only, Chinese male Olympic T&F gold medalist.

Comment

• Originally posted by player View Post

Liu Xiang 2004 110H gold.

I know you know your stuff. Seems like an odd one to draw a blank on,considering he was the first, and still the only, Chinese male Olympic T&F gold medalist.
                                Thanks, for some reason I just completely skipped over 2004 as a whole (which also saw Xing Huina win 10000m gold)

Comment

Working...
                                X