Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 mOG 4x1: you sure you wanna open this one?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FleetingRedux
    replied
    Originally posted by Tuariki View Post

A stupid pathetic unwarranted back seat driver comment saying he should be ashamed of himself.

A silver medal, losing gold by 0.01 (0.26%) is nothing to be ashamed of when you lost to someone who was marginally superior.
    I stand by what I said. The guy has not improved over the years. I have been following him since his days at LSU.

Leave a comment:

• NotDutra5
    replied
    I thought the comments within the first 5-6 mins were interesting only in regard to the practice sessions and/or lack of them were interesting.

Leave a comment:

• Scratch_leg
    replied
    Well, that was a torturous 19 minutes. I think Shakespeare said it best, “ the ‘person’ doth protest too much, me thinks.” What stood out to me the most was, you were on the biggest stage at the biggest event And arguably one of the biggest races of your life, and you don’t lean??? Really???He is right about one thing, there’s plenty of blame/ reasons for that poor performance… hopefully everyone will learn from it, but doubtful.

Leave a comment:

• b0son
    replied
    Originally posted by Weights&Shoes View Post
    Did anyone post Gillespie's breakdown about what happened?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWsj...ravonGillespie
    I'm not blaming anyone, except when I am...

Leave a comment:

• Weights&Shoes
    replied
    Did anyone post Gillespie's breakdown about what happened?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWsj...ravonGillespie

Leave a comment:

• Lp171781
    replied
    Originally posted by gm View Post

I don't know that I would say he was clearly out of shape, but we have no way of knowing that.
    It was revealed after the failed prelim that Gillespie parted ways with John Smith either right before OT or directly after. I don’t know if that would have any impact on his performance however.

Leave a comment:

• ItalianFan
    replied
    Interview with the responsible of sprinters at Italian Federation:

-after the disappointment of the individual 100m event, Tortu was desperate, didn't want to run anymore. it was a difficult situation, lots of continuous message with him and his coach (who is is father).
    - the exchange between Jacobs and Desalu was changed before the final. In the semifinal, they exchanged at 18-20m while in the final it was moved to 25m (of the 30 of the exchanging zone). "the baton traveled in 2.71 seconds compared to 2.88 of the heat".
    - Patta had a minor injury after the European Team Championships. He called Patta's coach telling him that he would have been taken to Olympics and to prepare him to be ready for Tokyo. So Patta's team skipped National Championships and European U23 to focus on being ready for Olympics.
    -Women 4x100 is reported to have done more than 500 exchanges between 2017 and the OG.

Leave a comment:

• NotDutra5
    replied
    Originally posted by Powell View Post
    OK, I rewatched the race, and it looks to me like Gillespie is running with a limp in the second half of the race. In the early part he's actually running decently, but in the final 50 EVERYONE makes up METERS on him. And I don't just mean people like DeGrasse and Tortu, but also the relatively average anchor runners.
    He did appear to get out well for 30-40m and then he went backwards.

Leave a comment:

• Jaguarclaws
    replied
    Originally posted by jjimbojames View Post

I will be crushed if she’s not clean!
    👀count me shocked about Jacob’s not competing the rest of the year🙄

Leave a comment:

• jjimbojames
    replied
    Originally posted by Wiederganger
    Re CJ Ujah, I'm not totally shocked. I posted something on another thread regarding one of his female training partners.

On an (un)related note, apparently Lamont Jacobs will not compete again this year. It is said he has a minor leg injury.

I will be crushed if she’s not clean!

Leave a comment:

• Powell
    replied
    OK, I rewatched the race, and it looks to me like Gillespie is running with a limp in the second half of the race. In the early part he's actually running decently, but in the final 50 EVERYONE makes up METERS on him. And I don't just mean people like DeGrasse and Tortu, but also the relatively average anchor runners.
    Last edited by Powell; 08-12-2021, 07:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• gm
    replied
    Originally posted by Powell View Post

But he was very clearly very much out of shape here (possibly injured?). I suppose the team practiced together in the days preceding the relay heats. Wouldn't you expect the relay team coach to notice he wasn't fit to run?
    I don't know that I would say he was clearly out of shape, but we have no way of knowing that.

Leave a comment:

• steve
    replied
    Originally posted by scottmitchell74 View Post

Typo?
    Ha! Yes! I’ll edit it.

Leave a comment:

• Powell
    replied
    Originally posted by gm View Post

I imagine because it's the easiest leg to switch out for the final and Gillespie had run 9.96 this year, which would usually indicate an embarrassment of riches for a team. He anchored in the heats at Doha and the U.S. went on to win gold.
    But he was very clearly very much out of shape here (possibly injured?). I suppose the team practiced together in the days preceding the relay heats. Wouldn't you expect the relay team coach to notice he wasn't fit to run?

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    I would say that is a given....at least the US didn't flunk a dope test...

CJ Ujah: British Olympic silver medallist suspended after positive test for banned substance

https://www.bbc.com/sport/athletics/58193101

Leave a comment:

Working...
X