Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

¶ 2021 mOG 100: Lamont Marcell Jacobs (Italy) 9.80

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Atticus View Post

    Classic snake-oil salesman mumbo-jumbo. Victor Conte would be proud.
    That's exactly what I was thinking! WTF does that sentence even mean? "Cycling nutrients" and "awakening the metabolism" ?????????
    Last edited by proofs in the pudd'in; 08-09-2021, 02:45 PM.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by proofs in the pudd'in View Post

      That's exactly what I was thinking! WTF does that sentence even mean? "Cycling nutrients" and "awakening the metabolism" ?????????
      You know, what Lance Armstrong used!
      You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

      Comment


      • Originally posted by scottmitchell74 View Post

        You know, what Lance Armstrong used!
        Ha! "Nutrients" Code for banned substances! I'm guessing!

        Comment


        • I think he might be working with Depok Chopra using quantum tunneling in order to awaken the synaptic system. - No relation to the Gold medalists JT of course. Don't want to start any rumors
          Last edited by proofs in the pudd'in; 08-09-2021, 05:00 PM.

          Comment


          • Just to be clear, I am NOT insinuating that Jacobs is dirty!!
            He has to pass the same tests EVERYONE else has to pass.

            Comment


            • We all know Atticus. Just hope this guy continues to do well. I am American too. I would hate for there to be some controversy. Let’s hope all the big players show up at Eugene next year. And the most important to peak at the right time! Bromell 👀

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Jaguarclaws View Post
                We all know Atticus. Just hope this guy continues to do well. I am American too. I would hate for there to be some controversy. Let’s hope all the big players show up at Eugene next year. And the most important to peak at the right time! Bromell 👀
                Yes, sorry to belabor the obvious.

                Comment


                • Catching up--slowly--on various comments.

                  When I saw Jacobs win I thought it must be the longest shot to win other than Remigino. Then I checked and found that he wasn't such a long shot, having been slated for 5th. T&FN slated Remigino for 4th among their six form-charters (no mention in anyone's top 6 of McKenley, who was an obvious wild card).

                  Hasely Crawford was only a #6 pick in '76, as T&FN cited his inconsistency since 1972, when he was a dnf in the OG final. So Crawford is the longest shot to win in "modern" times.

                  Harrison Dillard also was a #4 in 1948. Before that, it's impossible to imagine Jesse Owens ('36), Eddie Tolan ('32), Charley Paddock ('20), Ralph Craig ('12), Archie Hahn ('04, '06), Frank Jarvis ('00) and Tom Burke ('96) would not have been listed among the top 4.

                  The only gold medalists of whom it is conceivable that they might not have been projected at 5th or higher would be Percy Williams ('28), Harold Abrahams ('24) and Reggie Walker ('08).
                  Last edited by dj; 08-10-2021, 03:42 PM.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Wiederganger View Post
                    The Italian federation are very much "nothing to see here, move on, move on...." but there is very much something to see here. The 'nutritionist' Spazzini is credited with helping Jacobs get to sub 10:

                    In an interview given to Italian media following Jacobs's shock win, Spazzini spoke about the nutrition regime he created, which he claimed helped Jacobs improve his performances. He said: "We started a journey with the Hybrid method, which I personally founded. Thanks to the cycling of nutrients, we have awakened his metabolism to drop below 10 seconds."

                    Jacobs improved his PB by 3/10ths aged 26. Pretty impressive.
                    You did, on another thread, quote the Dutch coach saying that the new spikes were worth 0.10 to 0.15 in the 100m... Add in the new, faster track surface and the improvement is not unrealistic imho.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by deroki View Post

                      You did, on another thread, quote the Dutch coach saying that the new spikes were worth 0.10 to 0.15 in the 100m... Add in the new, faster track surface and the improvement is not unrealistic imho.
                      I guess the obvious question is why wouldn't we see the improvement across the board if the success of Jacobs was track and spike related.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post

                        I guess the obvious question is why wouldn't we see the improvement across the board if the success of Jacobs was track and spike related.
                        Bingo.

                        Or do the magical spikes only work for certain people in certain situations?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post

                          I guess the obvious question is why wouldn't we see the improvement across the board if the success of Jacobs was track and spike related.
                          Five of the six medalists in the 100m (M & W) ran PBs. Same or higher in other events (e.g. 400mH)
                          Last edited by deroki; 08-13-2021, 06:14 PM.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                            Not to be snarky, but Browning who?
                            Come on Atticus, of course the world is stunned.

                            He just ran the 100m in the 1,223rd fastest time ever. You just don't recognise knowledgeable and informed journalism, even when it slaps you in the face, like it does in this Pulitzer level article.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
                              Come on Atticus, of course the world is stunned.
                              He just ran the 100m in the 1,223rd fastest time ever. You just don't recognise knowledgeable and informed journalism, even when it slaps you in the face, like it does in this Pulitzer level article.
                              Ha - mia apologia! How iggorent of me!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Wiederganger View Post

                                Spazzini spoke about the nutrition regime he created, which he claimed helped Jacobs improve his performances. He said: "We started a journey with the Hybrid method, which I personally founded. Thanks to the cycling of nutrients, we have awakened his metabolism to drop below 10 seconds." [/I]
                                .
                                Wow, he must have been really constipated. And his nutritionist is full of it to boot.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X