Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

¶ 2021 wOG discus: Valarie Allman (USA) 226-4

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by Atticus View Post

    What did Miley Cyrus win??!!
    He said twerking and you thought her?? ROF...!

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by dukehjsteve View Post
      I am dismayed that Valarie got so little attention from NBC for her GOLD MEDAL ! If you are not named Allison, Athing, or Sydney, who are you ? She was largely ignored !
      You have to remember NBC thinks track is the be all and end all of track and field. NBC acts like field events are beneath them and deserves only little, if any, coverage. At least Peacock showed more than one jump or throw in its live track-and-field coverage.

      Comment


      • #78
        If you didn't watch the nbcolympics.com feeds, you did not experience the Olympic T&F!!
        Even If you have to subscribe to **GASP** cable-TV for one month next summer do it!

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by ralmcg View Post

          You have to remember NBC thinks track is the be all and end all of track and field. ....
          all networks and all major written outlets have thought so since the beginning of time.... and in terms of catering to their audiences, they're right (unfortunately)

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by Atticus View Post
            If you didn't watch the nbcolympics.com feeds, you did not experience the Olympic T&F!!
            Even If you have to subscribe to **GASP** cable-TV for one month next summer do it!
            Amen to this! A cable or satellite subscription was essential for serious track fans since it gave you access to both nbcolympics.com and the USA Network. Peacock subscriptions were useless IMO and rabbit ears only gave you access to NBC which was the worst of all options.

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by gh View Post

              all networks and all major written outlets have thought so since the beginning of time.... and in terms of catering to their audiences, they're right (unfortunately)
              The Pre meet has 2 field events each for men and women..and one of those is the men’s shot..which is about right for the audience here.

              Comment


              • #82
                How Valarie Allman Used Affirmations Before Throwing Olympic Discus Gold (yahoo.com)

                "I am capable of winning. I deserve to win. I will win." These are the three affirmations Valarie Allman stepped into the throwing circle with to prepare for her lead-off attempt, a throw of 68.98 meters that ultimately secured an Olympic discus gold in Tokyo.

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by TN1965 View Post
                  How Valarie Allman Used Affirmations Before Throwing Olympic Discus Gold
                  "I am capable of winning. I deserve to win. I will win."
                  "I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me." - Stuart Smalley

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X