Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr Lover Lover View Post
    I think, Mu, Sydney, Felix and Hayes. It would be hard to put Delilah on the team imo and knock Felix and or Hayes out. Muhammed could run the heats though.
    It would be hard for who??? Lol

She proved herself in 2019 with a 49 low split, and she’s half a second faster now. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Comment

I would like to see this order Muhammed-Mu-Whoever finishes the best in the 400m-McLaughlin. They might have a chance at threatening the WR but it will be tough without any team pushing them, maybe the Jamaicans can provide a little challenge.

Comment

One thing that's certain is that we will get more opportunities to measure the flat speed of 400 hurdlers when they're in WR/PR shape which we rarely do.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post

Mu ran herself onto the U.S. team a couple of months ago when she opted for the 400 during the college championship season.

Mu was on the relay after she split 48 high at the NC’s. I would go with the fastest out of Hayes and Felix, dalilah, Sydney and Mu... 3:16 mid.

Comment

Given that the brilliant scheduling has the relay heats overlapping with the 400, who runs the heats for the Americans? I don't think it's a good idea to go with a B- team.

If Muhammad isn't going to run the final, it may be a good idea to have her anchor the prelim.

I admit I really want to see Shae Anderson in the heats simply because the idea of her going through all the deal and traveling halfway around the world, and then not run . . . . . . . . .
            Among Whitney Ellis and Irby, we can see how the workouts are going.
            And by this time next year I hope the name Gabby Thomas is in the mix - but not yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Scratch_leg View Post
              I think Mu ran herself onto the US 4x400 with that performance last night…. I’d run her lead off… and just let her fly!
              She ran herself onto the relay some months ago.

Comment

Glad to see Muhammad back in relay conversation here.

I wouldn't want to be a relay coach in Tokyo, but I see the team as: best 400m runner- Sydney-Muhammad-Mu in that order.

There is 3:16.5 potential here (top 4/5 all time)
                ATK
                Last edited by ATK; 08-04-2021, 05:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post

We still have to wait until the women's 400 plays out (what if 2 of them run low 49?) but after watching Lynna Irby in the mixed 4x400, and considering the fact that Mu has even less 4x400 experience than Irby and it's all on anchor, I think Mu should anchor.
                  I'm in agreement here. If Hayes is the 400m rep, I think she should lead off and then McLaughlin, Muhammed and Mu. If it's Felix maybe Muhammad leads off to Felix, McLaughlin and Mu.

Comment

Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post

I'm in agreement here. If Hayes is the 400m rep, I think she should lead off and then McLaughlin, Muhammed and Mu. If it's Felix maybe Muhammad leads off to Felix, McLaughlin and Mu.
                    💯 This is it. 👆🏽👆🏽

Comment

So, the 4x4 heats....crazy seeding again with USA, JAM & GBR in the same heat, just like the 4x100. Throw in NED & CAN and that is one tough SF, especially for teams without the depth of the USA.

Comment

Muhammad and McLaughlin are clearly in sub 50 sec form on the flat. They both deserve to be in the 4x4 team unless we see something special from the individual flat runners to bump them off. As it stands, whoever finishes highest in the flat 400 gets in, supported by Muhammad and McLaughlin, and Mu.

Comment

Hayes and Felix made the 400 final, and Hayes ran a faster time, but I suspect that performance may have sealed Felix's spot in the relay final, unless Hayes overperforms which is still very possible.

Comment

Let's be honest, there is absolutely no way Felix doesn't run if she's healthy.

No coach wants to deal with that firestorm of leaving her out even if it looks like there are 4 better athletes after the final

Muhammad, Mu, Felix, Mclaughlin in 3:16

Comment

Assuming healthy 400 finalists, I would go Hayes to Felix to Mu to McLaughlin.

Comment

Originally posted by gm View Post
                                Assuming healthy 400 finalists, I would go Hayes to Felix to Mu to McLaughlin.
                                Like that as a finals group. Would probably have Mu close it out.

Though perhaps couldn’t go wrong with the other combinations as well. Will see what Jamaica, Poland and others have to keep pace.
                                dpasv
                                Last edited by dpasv; 08-04-2021, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X