Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 wOG 4x4:

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by americantrackfan View Post
    Let's be honest, there is absolutely no way Felix doesn't run if she's healthy.
    That’s what all us cynics thought in 2019 too, but to his eternal credit Richburg put the best four out there(including Muhammad). I have no doubt he’ll do the same this year.
    There are no strings on me

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by guru View Post

      That’s what all us cynics thought in 2019 too, but to his eternal credit Richburg put the best four out there(including Muhammad). I have no doubt he’ll do the same this year.
      But Felix didn't get the individual spot in 2019 so it makes sense not to choose her.

      The top finisher from the 400 will go, followed by the triple M.

      Comment


      • #48
        Jonathas may go home without a relay medal unless she runs the 4x400 heats tomorrow because she's certainly ran herself out of the relay final with her performance today.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by dpasv View Post
          Like that as a finals group. Would probably have Mu close it out.
          Yeah, I would put Mu on anchor too since that's what she did in college and she has so little relay experience. Lynna Irby's mixed relay screwup has me leery when it comes to inexperienced relay runners.
          jazzcyclist
          Senior Member
          Last edited by jazzcyclist; 08-04-2021, 03:03 PM.

          Comment


          • #50
            Ok….couple things. The US likely needs its best lineup out there, just to win. The Jamaicans are Gold Medal threats, especially with McPherson looking like she’s ready to run sub 49 in the open. Let’s not forget Shericka Jackson is also in the form of her life, waiting in the wings. Seeing her run a 48 split on a relay shouldn’t surprise anyone.

            I’ve said before, if Felix is in 49 shape in the open 4 (Looks ready to go 49 mid or better to me). There are not 4 better relay options for the US. You can pencil her in for. 48.x 2nd leg. (I love Hayes, but we can’t count on her for that just yet.)

            That being said.

            1) Mu - 49.6
            2) Felix - 48.6
            3) Muhammad 48.8
            4) McLaughlin 48.3

            = 3:15.3 👀

            Thats not far fetched & The World Record is right there within reach. Especially if Jamaica pushes them the way they’re capable of.
            Mu, is gonna have to suck it up and get in the blocks. She’s a rookie here. Lol But that’s the best quartet IMO. Play around with the order if you like.
            _Jay
            Senior Member
            Last edited by _Jay; 08-04-2021, 03:14 PM.

            Comment


            • #51
              Hays and Felix have to be in the final 4 x 400 team because they can't run in the heat. That may not be the best team. Who is running in the heat? None of the mixed relay women were not outstanding. I'd guess Jonathas will be in the heat for sure with some or all of the non-flat 400 event runners.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by moreover View Post
                Hays and Felix have to be in the final 4 x 400 team because they can't run in the heat.

                The heats are the day after the 400 final. No reason why Felix and/or Hayes could not run. If the schedule were the opposite I agree that would be a problem.



                There are no strings on me

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by moreover View Post
                  Hays and Felix have to be in the final 4 x 400 team because they can't run in the heat. That may not be the best team. Who is running in the heat? None of the mixed relay women were not outstanding. I'd guess Jonathas will be in the heat for sure with some or all of the non-flat 400 event runners.
                  I would run Jonathas, Anderson and 2 of the other runners from the mixed relay. I agree you can't run Felix and Hayes and they would probably balk at the idea if they were asked to run.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    The best way for Hayes to avoid getting screwed is to medal in the open 400.
                    There are no strings on me

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by guru View Post
                      The best way for Hayes to avoid getting screwed is to medal in the open 400.
                      In Hayes current form (which is good) High 49 range….

                      You would consider, choosing to go with Muhammad and/or Felix ahead of her, = to meaning that she got screwed by the coaches?

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        I’m saying if Hayes beats Felix the best way to avoid getting passed over for her is to land on the podium. I agree it’s not necessarily a done deal just by beating Felix. A medal would seal it.
                        There are no strings on me

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by guru View Post
                          I’m saying if Hayes beats Felix the best way to avoid getting passed over for her is to land on the podium. I agree it’s not necessarily a done deal just by beating Felix. A medal would seal it.
                          Gotcha….I’d agree.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by guru View Post
                            I’m saying if Hayes beats Felix the best way to avoid getting passed over for her is to land on the podium. I agree it’s not necessarily a done deal just by beating Felix. A medal would seal it.
                            If she beats Felix she should defintely be on the realy squad....or Alternatively could any one see Mu being dropped? Cant Mu run the heats? It could be Hayes-Felix-Dalilah & Sydney.
                            Apparently Ignorance is bliss

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by Mr Lover Lover View Post

                              If she beats Felix she should defintely be on the realy squad....or Alternatively could any one see Mu being dropped? Cant Mu run the heats? It could be Hayes-Felix-Dalilah & Sydney.
                              Mu, who will be the most rested athlete of the bunch, is the biggest lock of them all.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
                                Jonathas may go home without a relay medal unless she runs the 4x400 heats tomorrow because she's certainly ran herself out of the relay final with her performance today.
                                What possible reason would there be not to run her in the heats?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X