Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

¶ 2021 wOG 800: Athing Mu (US) 1:55.21 (WL)

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Juicy News
    replied
    Easy 1:58

Leave a comment:

• t_monk
    replied
    Mu is going to be hard to beat I believe. I don’t think anyone beats her in the finals. She is just a class apart.

Leave a comment:

• shivfan
    replied
    Goule wins in 1:59.58.

Not bad!

Leave a comment:

• t_monk
    replied
    Wilson looked a bit off in the first round and have been looking a bit off all season.

Leave a comment:

• runningforpi
    replied
    Unbelievable. I thought Ajee would make it to the finals at least.

Leave a comment:

• americantrackfan
    replied
    wow Wilson out. she hasn't been herself all year but still a shocker

Leave a comment:

• scottmitchell74
    replied
    Originally posted by Tuariki View Post

You're right. But for me, Bishop will always be the first woman to finish and the rightful OG champion
    Oh, I agree. I hope in her heart she knows too, even though the podium was denied her.

Leave a comment:

• Tuariki
    replied
    Originally posted by scottmitchell74 View Post

Yes. Outside of the hard core, she'll soon be forgotten, instead of being a Gold medalist forever.
    You're right. But for me, Bishop will always be the first woman to finish and the rightful OG champion

Leave a comment:

• TN1965
    replied
    Originally posted by Juicy News View Post
    Semis is out. Mu is super lucky.

Semi 1: reekie, Wilson, Goule, Nakaayi
    Semi 2: Mu
    Semi 3: Rogers, Almanza, Hodgkinson, Arafi
    So what happened to Arafi in the heat? She was way back in the first 200m, and had to work hard to get back to the pack. It was pretty amazing she finished 3rd. But none of the commentators said anything about it, as if nothing unusual had happened.

Leave a comment:

• jb2
    replied
    See, now here's an example of a woman being effed. Bishop seems to have aged out and because of... reasons... her shoul-have-been Rio Gold NR will never be given its due.
    There’s no guarantee Bishop would have won gold in the absence of Semenya/Niyonsaba/Wambui. At the very least, Ajee Wilson (a non-advancing third in her semi behind Wambui/Niyonsaba) could have made things interesting in the final.

Leave a comment:

• scottmitchell74
    replied
    Originally posted by rsb3 View Post

Bishop strained her hamstring in training, 6 or 7 days ago ... at some point, she was a doubful starter ! She did well to at least get into the
    running, and finish 4th in her heat, albeit hampered to produce her usual strong finish.
    Good to know. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• rsb3
    replied

Ran poorly. Don't think she made it out of this round. 2:02.11
    Bishop strained her hamstring in training, 6 or 7 days ago ... at some point, she was a doubful starter ! She did well to at least get into the
    running, and finish 4th in her heat, albeit hampered to produce her usual strong finish.

Leave a comment:

• Juicy News
    replied
    Originally posted by uakari View Post
    Geoff Wightman, Jake Wightman's father.

Leave a comment:

• uakari
    replied
    who’s the stadium announcer?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...okyo-olympics/

Leave a comment:

• Haggis Boson
    replied
    Originally posted by americantrackfan View Post
    Wilson left that waaaaay too late.

I didn't like seeing Mu running in a slow race, especially given her height and long stride but she straight jogged that heat, I'm pretty sure I've been more tired after an easy 30 minute jog around the neighborhood
    Not sure what that was all about other than to confuse her rivals, run slow in ht and sf then blast from the gun in the final? Anyway the main impact was to eliminate Bishop as her 4th was slower than Bell and Nakaayi.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X