Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

¶ 2021 wOG 800: Athing Mu (US) 1:55.21 (WL)

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haggis Boson
    replied
    Originally posted by Juicy News View Post
    Semis is out. Mu is super lucky.

Semi 1: reekie, Wilson, Goule, Nakaayi
    Semi 2: Mu
    Semi 3: Rogers, Almanza, Hodgkinson, Arafi
    Yes that looks like two very hard sfs and the Mu/Alemu one. Same US-UK pairings as today so lets hope Hodgkinson just let Rogers past today.

Leave a comment:

• CookyMonzta
    replied
    Originally posted by trailrun View Post
    I know nothing of Getachew but she wasn’t in the heats.

Goule the most impressive, but she’s never really achieved anything in finals
    She is likely to be among those who will try to menace Mu, maybe take her out of her rhythm, before Mu sets up to lower the boom. I hope she doesn't have a 2019 NBIN flashback when she makes her move.

Leave a comment:

• CookyMonzta
    replied
    Originally posted by booond View Post

She has to be closer to the front but this field has a few women that will crowd her to the middle or back.
    That wasn't much of a problem in 2017. She dared to go with Semenya and Niyonsaba almost every step of the way, and was rewarded twice; first with the AR, then 3rd at the World Champs. She needs to picture in her head what it was like to run near the front and stay there, then break away from those who would try to menace her before she made the break.

Leave a comment:

• trailrun
    replied
    I know nothing of Getachew but she wasn’t in the heats.

Goule the most impressive, but she’s never really achieved anything in finals

Leave a comment:

• scottmitchell74
    replied
    Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post

Oh, now I get it. You were talking about the athletes in Rio who shouldn't have been there which cost her a medal.
    Yes. Outside of the hard core, she'll soon be forgotten, instead of being a Gold medalist forever.

Leave a comment:

• ATK
    replied
    Originally posted by CookyMonzta View Post
    Ajee' has a habit of waiting too long to strike. She is not going to be able to wait until the homestretch in the semis, because she'll find herself too far back to pick them off to make the final. Her kick is nowhere near the mad-dash prowess that Raevyn hss shown us twice. She needs to run with the way she did in 2017 to make the final and/or win a medal.
    Dont think it is a habit more so than it happened here and at USAs. Most of her career, most notably in 2019 when she wasnt running against Semenya and Niyonsaba, she was a front runner

Leave a comment:

• jazzcyclist
    replied
    Originally posted by scottmitchell74 View Post

Ran poorly. Don't think she made it out of this round. 2:02.11
    Oh, now I get it. You were talking about the athletes in Rio who shouldn't have been there which cost her a medal.

Leave a comment:

• Juicy News
    replied
    Semis is out. Mu is super lucky.

Semi 1: reekie, Wilson, Goule, Nakaayi
    Semi 2: Mu
    Semi 3: Rogers, Almanza, Hodgkinson, Arafi

Leave a comment:

• moreover
    replied

What happened to Bishop?
    She didn't even make semis

Leave a comment:

• scottmitchell74
    replied

What happened to Bishop?
    Ran poorly. Don't think she made it out of this round. 2:02.11

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Originally posted by americantrackfan View Post
    I didn't like seeing Mu running in a slow race, especially given her height and long stride but she straight jogged that heat,
    Don't start!

Leave a comment:

• booond
    replied
    Originally posted by CookyMonzta View Post
    Ajee' has a habit of waiting too long to strike. She is not going to be able to wait until the homestretch in the semis, because she'll find herself too far back to pick them off to make the final. Her kick is nowhere near the mad-dash prowess that Raevyn hss shown us twice. She needs to run with the way she did in 2017 to make the final and/or win a medal.
    She has to be closer to the front but this field has a few women that will crowd her to the middle or back.

Leave a comment:

• americantrackfan
    replied
    Wilson left that waaaaay too late.

I didn't like seeing Mu running in a slow race, especially given her height and long stride but she straight jogged that heat, I'm pretty sure I've been more tired after an easy 30 minute jog around the neighborhood

Leave a comment:

• jazzcyclist
    replied
    Originally posted by scottmitchell74 View Post
    See, now here's an example of a woman being effed. Bishop seems to have aged out and because of... reasons... her shoul-have-been Rio Gold NR will never be given its due.
    What happened to Bishop?

Leave a comment:

• CookyMonzta
    replied
    Ajee' has a habit of waiting too long to strike. She is not going to be able to wait until the homestretch in the semis, because she'll find herself too far back to pick them off to make the final. Her kick is nowhere near the mad-dash prowess that Raevyn has shown us twice. She needs to run with the way she did in 2017 to make the final and/or win a medal.
    Last edited by CookyMonzta; 07-30-2021, 04:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X