Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

¶ 2021 wOG 800: Athing Mu (US) 1:55.21 (WL)

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Weights&Shoes View Post
    Athing Mu. So easy and composed in her heat.
    Composed, yes. But just because she has a serene expression doesn't mean the motor isn't running hot. The commentators agree with you, but that's just how she looks when she runs.

Comment

Thought Wilson left it kind of late, but her last 70 meters was lights out.

Comment

Originally posted by scottmitchell74 View Post
        See, now here's an example of a woman being effed. Bishop seems to have aged out and because of... reasons... her shoul-have-been Rio Gold NR will never be given its due.
        certainly the biggest political correctness screw job.

Comment

Ajee' has a habit of waiting too long to strike. She is not going to be able to wait until the homestretch in the semis, because she'll find herself too far back to pick them off to make the final. Her kick is nowhere near the mad-dash prowess that Raevyn has shown us twice. She needs to run with the way she did in 2017 to make the final and/or win a medal.
          Last edited by CookyMonzta; 07-30-2021, 04:58 AM.

Comment

See, now here's an example of a woman being effed. Bishop seems to have aged out and because of... reasons... her shoul-have-been Rio Gold NR will never be given its due.
            What happened to Bishop?

Comment

Wilson left that waaaaay too late.

I didn't like seeing Mu running in a slow race, especially given her height and long stride but she straight jogged that heat, I'm pretty sure I've been more tired after an easy 30 minute jog around the neighborhood

Comment

Originally posted by CookyMonzta View Post
                Ajee' has a habit of waiting too long to strike. She is not going to be able to wait until the homestretch in the semis, because she'll find herself too far back to pick them off to make the final. Her kick is nowhere near the mad-dash prowess that Raevyn hss shown us twice. She needs to run with the way she did in 2017 to make the final and/or win a medal.
                She has to be closer to the front but this field has a few women that will crowd her to the middle or back.

Comment

Originally posted by americantrackfan View Post
                  I didn't like seeing Mu running in a slow race, especially given her height and long stride but she straight jogged that heat,
                  Don't start!

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post

What happened to Bishop?
                    Ran poorly. Don't think she made it out of this round. 2:02.11
                    You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

What happened to Bishop?
                      She didn't even make semis

Comment

Semis is out. Mu is super lucky.

Semi 1: reekie, Wilson, Goule, Nakaayi
                        Semi 2: Mu
                        Semi 3: Rogers, Almanza, Hodgkinson, Arafi

Comment

Ran poorly. Don't think she made it out of this round. 2:02.11
                          Oh, now I get it. You were talking about the athletes in Rio who shouldn't have been there which cost her a medal.

Comment

Originally posted by CookyMonzta View Post
                            Ajee' has a habit of waiting too long to strike. She is not going to be able to wait until the homestretch in the semis, because she'll find herself too far back to pick them off to make the final. Her kick is nowhere near the mad-dash prowess that Raevyn hss shown us twice. She needs to run with the way she did in 2017 to make the final and/or win a medal.
                            Dont think it is a habit more so than it happened here and at USAs. Most of her career, most notably in 2019 when she wasnt running against Semenya and Niyonsaba, she was a front runner

Comment

Oh, now I get it. You were talking about the athletes in Rio who shouldn't have been there which cost her a medal.
                              Yes. Outside of the hard core, she'll soon be forgotten, instead of being a Gold medalist forever.
                              You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

I know nothing of Getachew but she wasn’t in the heats.

Goule the most impressive, but she’s never really achieved anything in finals

Comment

Working...
                                X