Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

¶ 2021 wOG 800: Athing Mu (US) 1:55.21 (WL)

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by booond View Post

She has to be closer to the front but this field has a few women that will crowd her to the middle or back.
    That wasn't much of a problem in 2017. She dared to go with Semenya and Niyonsaba almost every step of the way, and was rewarded twice; first with the AR, then 3rd at the World Champs. She needs to picture in her head what it was like to run near the front and stay there, then break away from those who would try to menace her before she made the break.

Comment

Originally posted by trailrun View Post
      I know nothing of Getachew but she wasn’t in the heats.

Goule the most impressive, but she’s never really achieved anything in finals
      She is likely to be among those who will try to menace Mu, maybe take her out of her rhythm, before Mu sets up to lower the boom. I hope she doesn't have a 2019 NBIN flashback when she makes her move.

Comment

Originally posted by Juicy News View Post
        Semis is out. Mu is super lucky.

Semi 1: reekie, Wilson, Goule, Nakaayi
        Semi 2: Mu
        Semi 3: Rogers, Almanza, Hodgkinson, Arafi
        Yes that looks like two very hard sfs and the Mu/Alemu one. Same US-UK pairings as today so lets hope Hodgkinson just let Rogers past today.

Comment

Originally posted by americantrackfan View Post
          Wilson left that waaaaay too late.

I didn't like seeing Mu running in a slow race, especially given her height and long stride but she straight jogged that heat, I'm pretty sure I've been more tired after an easy 30 minute jog around the neighborhood
          Not sure what that was all about other than to confuse her rivals, run slow in ht and sf then blast from the gun in the final? Anyway the main impact was to eliminate Bishop as her 4th was slower than Bell and Nakaayi.

Comment

who’s the stadium announcer?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...okyo-olympics/

Comment

Originally posted by uakari View Post
              Geoff Wightman, Jake Wightman's father.

Comment

Originally posted by scottmitchell74 View Post

Ran poorly. Don't think she made it out of this round. 2:02.11
                Bishop strained her hamstring in training, 6 or 7 days ago ... at some point, she was a doubful starter ! She did well to at least get into the
                running, and finish 4th in her heat, albeit hampered to produce her usual strong finish.

Comment

Originally posted by rsb3 View Post

Bishop strained her hamstring in training, 6 or 7 days ago ... at some point, she was a doubful starter ! She did well to at least get into the
                  running, and finish 4th in her heat, albeit hampered to produce her usual strong finish.
                  Good to know. Thanks.
                  You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

See, now here's an example of a woman being effed. Bishop seems to have aged out and because of... reasons... her shoul-have-been Rio Gold NR will never be given its due.
                    There’s no guarantee Bishop would have won gold in the absence of Semenya/Niyonsaba/Wambui. At the very least, Ajee Wilson (a non-advancing third in her semi behind Wambui/Niyonsaba) could have made things interesting in the final.

Comment

Originally posted by Juicy News View Post
                      Semis is out. Mu is super lucky.

Semi 1: reekie, Wilson, Goule, Nakaayi
                      Semi 2: Mu
                      Semi 3: Rogers, Almanza, Hodgkinson, Arafi
                      So what happened to Arafi in the heat? She was way back in the first 200m, and had to work hard to get back to the pack. It was pretty amazing she finished 3rd. But none of the commentators said anything about it, as if nothing unusual had happened.

Comment

Yes. Outside of the hard core, she'll soon be forgotten, instead of being a Gold medalist forever.
                        You're right. But for me, Bishop will always be the first woman to finish and the rightful OG champion

Comment

Originally posted by Tuariki View Post

You're right. But for me, Bishop will always be the first woman to finish and the rightful OG champion
                          Oh, I agree. I hope in her heart she knows too, even though the podium was denied her.
                          You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

wow Wilson out. she hasn't been herself all year but still a shocker

Comment

Unbelievable. I thought Ajee would make it to the finals at least.

Comment

Wilson looked a bit off in the first round and have been looking a bit off all season.

Comment

Working...
                                X