Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

¶ 2021 wOG 800: Athing Mu (US) 1:55.21 (WL)

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jazzcyclist
    replied
    Mu reminded me of David Rudisha in 2012 when he was a de facto rabbit pulling the field to PR's and NR's galore. The difference is that even Rudisha didn't negative split in his Olympic win.

Leave a comment:

• bhall
    replied
    Originally posted by tm71 View Post
    Totally dominating. Amazing that two teens went 1-2. Both were 14 when Rio was going on
    Running in 2021 versus 2020 completely changed this event.

Beautiful races for all three medalists.

Leave a comment:

• CookyMonzta
    replied
    Originally posted by Haggis Boson View Post

I think she judged it perfectly. The biggest question is what happened to Goule, she seemed to give up once the medals had got away but wonder if she was tired from her hard sf?
    Didn't they have 3 days to recover?

Leave a comment:

• CookyMonzta
    replied
    Originally posted by scottmitchell74 View Post
    Raven with an utterly gutsy finish.

Mu smart to lead from the gun.
    Because she didn't want to get caught in a scrum, like the incidents at the 2016 Trials and the 1,500 heat with Hassan burning rubber to catch up and qualify. If anyone, including Goule, tried to take the lead from her on the first lap, I think she would have slowly pushed that foot down on the pedal to keep control.

And again, if she goes a full second on each of her 400 splits (which I think she can do), the WR is hers.

Leave a comment:

• Haggis Boson
    replied
    Originally posted by scottmitchell74 View Post

I think she judged it perfectly. The biggest question is what happened to Goule, she seemed to give up once the medals had got away but wonder if she was tired from her hard sf?

Leave a comment:

• scottmitchell74
    replied

Leave a comment:

• einnod23
    replied
    Originally posted by Trickstat View Post
    I know some posters here would rather there was a 4x800 than a mixed 4x400. GB v USA would be a corker!
    Here, here!

Leave a comment:

• Haggis Boson
    replied
    Big pb for Alex Bell 1:57.66 in 7th. Mu now 11th AT and Keely 26th.

Leave a comment:

• Trickstat
    replied
    Originally posted by gm View Post

Mu and Hodgkinson were 7 when Rogers ran 2:06.90 in 2009... as a 12-year-old!
    Hodgkinson did 2 800s in 2011 when she was 9. A 3:00.5 in June followed by a 2:59.9 in July.

Rogers time at 12 is just slower than the UK best for a 13 year old.

Leave a comment:

• einnod23
    replied
    Rogers ran the "from the back" race of these Games. (unless you want to compare to Mboma in the 200)

Leave a comment:

• gm
    replied
    Originally posted by Trickstat View Post

Hodgkinson in 2016 came third in the English Champs for her age-group with 2.12:53. She has progressed a little since then!
    Mu and Hodgkinson were 7 when Rogers ran 2:06.90 in 2009... as a 12-year-old!

Leave a comment:

• Trickstat
    replied
    Totally dominating. Amazing that two teens went 1-2. Both were 14 when Rio was going on
    Hodgkinson in 2016 came third in the English Champs for her age-group with 2.12:53. She has progressed a little since then!

Leave a comment:

• CookyMonzta
    replied
    Originally posted by aaronk View Post

Nice easy little tempo run.
    But what will she do in the Final?

Oh wait!!

LOL
    Wait for the Prefontaine. She will put one out of everyone's reach! I wanted her to steal the spotlight from Warholm today!

Leave a comment:

• Haggis Boson
    replied
    Well it's only right after they traded the world junior record earlier this year. The future has arrived.

Leave a comment:

• tm71
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X