Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

¶ 2021 wOG 200: Elaine Thompson-Herah (Jamaica) 21.53 (WL)

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cigar95 View Post

Where do we find the 1000ths?

Probably a coincidence, but one of our two last ties is the athlete who gets to run in lane 1
    https://www.worldathletics.org/compe.../Summary/27245

Also Olympics.come is keeping a lot more data than world athletics does. But its here as well: https://olympics.com/tokyo-2020/olym...D1--------.pdf
    Last edited by ATK; 08-02-2021, 03:39 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flumpy View Post
      Which is what they tried to do in the first place but only had evidence to prove an advantage between 400m - 1500m (Semenya's events). After this champs there may very well be enough evidence to restrict other events but it won't be possible to do so retroactively.
      I hope if they restrict the 200m, CAS will also allow restricting the 100m at the same time, given the similarity of the events. Otherwise Mboma will respond by switching to the 100 and doing some damage there, and it's same show all over again.

Comment

Where do we find the 1000ths?

official result show them when they're relevant

Comment

• Originally posted by tm71 View Post
          It was shocking to see Jackson eliminated when her heat wasn’t that fast. It has to be an injury or her legs are just totally sore from the 100.
          No injury, that looks like coach's instructions. ETH jogged the same way (but scraped through in 3rd).

Comment

• Originally posted by 18.99s View Post
            No injury, that looks like coach's instructions. ETH jogged the same way (but scraped through in 3rd).
            Coach screwed up. I can understand conserving since the semis are only in a few hours (who made that schedule ?) but they could see several are running like it’s a final!

Comment

• Originally posted by Flumpy View Post

I thought we were long past thing kind of juvenile nonsense.
              Not when mental illness is fair game for pseudoscientific commentary. 🤪

Comment

• OK, the pdf file is excellent, thank you - it's what I'm used to from FINA for swimming championships. I'll have to pay more attention to olympics.com, which looks like it's replaced "olympic.org" as the official IOC site.

Comment

• I imagine the coach told them to take it easy and not fight for the victory but come on, the coach won't tell them deliberately come third. This was Shericka showing no race awareness and just being flat out stupid, tbh. I expected better from Elaine, I think what she did was also unwise but she qualified.

Comment

OK, the pdf file is excellent, thank you - it's what I'm used to from FINA for swimming championships. I'll have to pay more attention to olympics.com, which looks like it's replaced "olympic.org" as the official IOC site.
                    Yes not sure when it switched? Maybe right before the Games. But data is excellent for every event. The triple jump has PDF data with speed down the runway, length of each phase etc. Data that's usually impossible to find is all kept here for every heat and ever round of every T&F event. I've been using it in combination with world athletics results as WA is a bit more viewer friendly IMO.
                    ​​​​​

Comment

• Wow what a colossal miscalculation by SJ and team? I get trying to expend the least amount of energy, but why you would try to cut it so close in an Olympic Games...smh, unbelievable, she was a gold medal threat.

Comment

• According to SJ Instagram, it seems like she just miscalculated.

Comment

• Originally posted by t_monk View Post
                          According to SJ Instagram, it seems like she just miscalculated.
                          She miscalculated and now she will run the 4x100m relay heats
                          Apparently Ignorance is bliss

Comment

After the way she closed in the 100 I thought she was a solid bet to take silver or gold in the 200. Rookie mistake made by a veteran.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Lover Lover View Post

She miscalculated and now she will run the 4x100m relay heats
                              Will she run the 4x400, too?

Comment

"Sometimes painful things can teach us lesson we didn't think we needed to know."

A lot of lines to read through there to get much of anything​​​

Comment

Working...
                                X