Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

¶ 2021 wOG 200: Elaine Thompson-Herah (Jamaica) 21.53 (WL)

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thompson is the gold medal favorite

SAFP, SMU look to be silver medal bests

Gabby Thomas, Ta Lou are there to potentially try for the podium

Mboma is about to blow everything up.

Comment

• If Talou was this relaxed in the 100 she would've got a medal.

Comment

• Originally posted by americantrackfan View Post
        looks like Shaune picked the wrong event
        Shes running the 400m tomorrow. Stop listening to the commentators.

Comment

• ETH ran the easiest 21.6x in world history.

Comment

• Originally posted by runningforpi View Post
            Namibian officials have said both Mboma and Masilingi are both biological (XX) women who produce higher testosterone levels. Has this been independently verified?
            well, to my lay eyes, this would make sense ... but who knows? there’s also the issue of medical privacy...

Comment

• Why do you have SMU as a silver medalist?

Comment

• My prediction is SAFP and ETH get out best leading off the turn with Gabby Thomas the best of the rest then ETH pulls away, Mbmba pulls up on them for silver and SAFP/Thomas fight it out for bronze

Comment

• Originally posted by becareful193 View Post

Are you following athletics for the first time? Seems you do. Americans always peak at triasl and then they can't build another peak of form for the international event. They ALWAYS underperform. And trackandfieldnews ALWAYS overestimate them in their predictions. Nothing new. Still weird such experienced posters don't realise this.

Another example is people thinking and predicting that Price will beat Włodarczyk in hammer throw. That's obviously not happening.
                  This does tend to be true in the sprints. More US sprinters need to be competing regularly on Diamond league circuit.

Comment

• My prediction is ETH easily for gold, SAFP for silver and a toss up for bronze with Mboma, Ta Lou, SMU and Gabby.

Comment

• Oh, those lane draws for the first al are going to be interesting and decisive for the medalists methinks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wiederganger View Post
                        Why do you have SMU as a silver medalist?
                        Because she looked good. I'll wait to put my money on Ta Lou after that 100m heat-semi-final performance. Would love to see them both get medals though

Comment

• Thompson, Pryce, Nboma

Comment

• Originally posted by 18.99s View Post
                            ETH ran the easiest 21.6x in world history.
                            She is in majestic form. 21.2 don’t look that far fetched now don’t it? She is in 10.5 shape and if she gets a decent tailwind that WR is toast. Man I was shocked in 08 at Bolt rounds running. This one is on my list of shocking rounds running. She is in unbelievable form. Gabby Thomas is laboring. She better come good in the final else we are not gonna stop saying that some American athletes just cannot duplicate their Eugene times. If Gabby cannot run faster than 21.6, then that trial run is not believable to me because this track is also fast
                            Last edited by chukuyute; 08-02-2021, 10:53 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trickstat View Post
                              The US seems to be suffering from travelling to Japan so late.
                              Michael Johnson is saying the same on BBC right now. Apparently there's been talk with track and swimming that not having a pre-Olympic camp is a factor in this subpar performances?

Comment

Working...
                              X