Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

¶ 2021 wOG 200: Elaine Thompson-Herah (Jamaica) 21.53 (WL)

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wiederganger View Post
    SMU better hope she doesn't get lane 2 or 3 in the final, or else she is out of the medals. She'll pray for 8 or 9
    Shes gonna get 8 or 9 based on her position as one of the automatic qualifiers. Mboma will get the last "good lane" as the fastest 2nd place. The next two get 8 or 9 and the two non automatics get 2 and 3.

Comment

SMU better hope she doesn't get lane 2 or 3 in the final, or else she is out of the medals. She'll pray for 8 or 9
      She will be in 8 or 9 as the fastest losers get 2 and 3 (Thomas and Kambundji). The heat winners and Mboma will be in the middle and SMU and Masilingi in the outside.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATK View Post

Because she looked good. I'll wait to put my money on Ta Lou after that 100m heat-semi-final performance. Would love to see them both get medals though
        She looked so good? She struggled to catch Ta lou!

She has a 400m heat tomorrow morning. I see her out if the medals, especially she gets an inside lane. She better hope she gets 8 or 9

Comment

• Yea, thoes are very good lanes for both SMU and Masilingi. They can just run full out not have to worry or think about others.

Comment

• Originally posted by Track78 View Post
            My prediction is ETH easily for gold, SAFP for silver and a toss up for bronze with Mboma, Ta Lou, SMU and Gabby.
            I think SMU gets bronze since she's in Lane 9. Perfect lane for her and not a lot of work. SAFP is going to fly the 1st 100, I just don't see GT, Mbomba or Ta Lou running her down.

Comment

• Ok, better for SMU getting 8 or 9 then. But on that form, with the 400m heats tomroew morning, she is going to struggle to medal in the 200 final tomorrow night

Comment

• Originally posted by Weights&Shoes View Post

Michael Johnson is saying the same on BBC right now. Apparently there's been talk with track and swimming that not having a pre-Olympic camp is a factor in this subpar performances?
                Possibly true. Genuine question then. When did Fred Kerley travelled? Did he travel as the same time as the other athletes that appeared to be struggling?

Comment

If Talou was this relaxed in the 100 she would've got a medal.
                  Don't think so...she wasn't going to beat Shericka for third. Speaking of which this probably would have been another Jam sweep if not for Jacksons screw up in the heats.

Comment

She looked so good? She struggled to catch Ta lou!

She has a 400m heat tomorrow morning. I see her out if the medals, especially she gets an inside lane. She better hope she gets 8 or 9
                    Jackson in the 100m didnt catch Ta Lou, Jacobs in the 100m didnt catch Su or Baker. Finals are different. And she has lane 9. Well see.

Comment

• Elaine ends the night as the new world record holder.

Comment

• Originally posted by chukuyute View Post
                        Possibly true. Genuine question then. When did Fred Kerley travelled? Did he travel as the same time as the other athletes that appeared to be struggling?
                        He traveled the exact same time as everyone else. Kenni Harrison also traveled the same time, as did Rayven Saunders. Expectations are definitely higher for the US team though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trickstat View Post
                          The US seems to be suffering from travelling to Japan so late.
                          I thought both the US swimming & track teams travelled to Japan before the Australian teams did.

And both Australian squads comparatively doing better (medals in swimming, PBs in athletics) so far.

Comment

• Its kinda strange that someone on here thought Gabby was going to run 21.4, harping on her 10.4 last 100...she just got run down, will be lucky to break 22s imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by reggaeirie1234 View Post
                              Elaine ends the night as the new world record holder.
                              At this point, I hope so. Need those damn 100, 200, 400, 4x400 WR's to be gone.

Comment

At this point, I hope so. Need those damn 100, 200, 400, 4x400 WR's to be gone.
                                well the athletes who could have broken the 400 are now banned from the event

Comment

Working...
                                X