Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

¶ 2021 wOG 200: Elaine Thompson-Herah (Jamaica) 21.53 (WL)

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The travel stuff sounds like an excuse to me imo. US runners, esp women, often are nowhere near their trials performance every year.

If its truly travel related, I guess we will find out next year at Worlds.

Comment

• How much time will it take for the legal maneuvers to add the 200m to the restricted list? If it takes a couple of years, that's enough time for Mboma to get into sub-21 territory.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vault-emort View Post

I thought both the US swimming & track teams travelled to Japan before the Australian teams did.

And both Australian squads comparatively doing better (medals in swimming, PBs in athletics) so far.
        Although Tokyo is a long flight from Oz, there are minimal time difference issues.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATK View Post
          He traveled the exact same time as everyone else.
          Long distance travel affects some people more than others. And even affects the same person differently at different times. USATF should have let the athletes get into Tokyo at least 2 weeks before their first competition day.

Comment

• 9 ok for SMU, but 8 would have given her someone to run off. With the 400m tomorrow morning, I think she is battling for bronze with SAFP, Ta Lou and Thomas. Thompson clearly for the win with Mboma silver?

Comment

• Originally posted by Vault-emort View Post

I thought both the US swimming & track teams travelled to Japan before the Australian teams did.

And both Australian squads comparatively doing better (medals in swimming, PBs in athletics) so far.
              What time zone is Sydney in, compared to Tokyo?

Comment

• I'm not sure I buy this 'travel stuff'. De Grasse arrived in Japan with the Tumbleweed team about a week ago. He performed fine. Brittany Anderson his team mate ran a PB in the 100m hurdles semi final. They travelled from a European base though. Bromell is also part of the team.

Comment

• The difference 3 days make. Went from a potential historic 200m all-star lineup to still a nice lineup but injuries and subpar performances from most of the key players.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wiederganger View Post
                    9 ok for SMU, but 8 would have given her someone to run off. With the 400m tomorrow morning, I think she is battling for bronze with SAFP, Ta Lou and Thomas. Thompson clearly for the win with Mboma silver?
                    I have SAFP in second and Mboma in the group battling for bronze. Shelly ran such an easy 22.1, she is in sub 21.8 shape for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wiederganger View Post
                      SMU better hope she doesn't get lane 2 or 3 in the final, or else she is out of the medals. She'll pray for 8 or 9
                      ETH gold for sure. SFP silver for sure. SMU will be battling for 4th at best as no way she beats all 3 among Talou, Thompson and Mbomba.

Comment

• I did start a thread about athletes arriving too late to Tokyo...traveling multiple time zones takes a while to overcome. However, some US athletes are doing fine, so possibly a combination of things.

Comment

• Originally posted by gm View Post

What time zone is Sydney in, compared to Tokyo?
                          An hour - so yes that helps.

Our squads weren't in Sydney though. They were in Queensland - except for some athletes like Steve Solomon who were in Sydney and forbidden to travel to the camp due to Covid hotspot lockdown.

Comment

• Gabrielle seems to underestimate how fast she needed to run the 1st 100m in both rounds. If she runs a better first 100m, and I believe she will, she will be in the top 3. Herah - Pryce - Thomas is my call.

Comment

• SAFP conserved the most energy so she should be good for the finals. She’ll need to summon her sub-22 to secure at least the silver.

ETH is looking to be in WR form.

Mboma is the wild card, she’ll have a full day to rest.

Thomas looked all out, I genuinely don’t know what else she can pull out.

Ta Lou looks about tapped out too.

SMU…. I think this will be a hard race for her to medal in… or even winning….

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Lover Lover View Post
                                Well Asher smith gone, Jackson as well. Thomas, SAFP, Thompson, Prandini & Miller-Uibo, Talou the remaining. Lets not forget Mbomba.

Prandini? I don't get how some of you repeatedly drink the Eugene Koolaid.

Comment

Working...
                                X