Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

¶ 2021 wOG 200: Elaine Thompson-Herah (Jamaica) 21.53 (WL)

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by americantrackfan View Post

    well the athletes who could have broken the 400 are now banned from the event
    Touche lol.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Jshapco2 View Post
      Anyone else worried about the giant poop storm of controversy the two Namibians are going to cause if they medal or break a world record?
      Nope. Good possibility the one girl will walk down Fraser-Pryce and Gabby Thomas tomorrow. The governing bodies would be huge hypocrites banning a darker complected natural female athlete while letting a full on white dude compete in women's powerlifting.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Weights&Shoes View Post
        What in the hell is going on with these American sprinters?! U.S. Trials in Oregon tougher than the actual Olympics?
        Inflated times. 2nd tier sprinters who run fantastic times in Eugene don't seem capable of reproducing those times outside of Eugene.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by J2thaD View Post

          banning a darker complected natural female athlete
          Please start to believe in science instead of social media causes

          Comment


          • Originally posted by ATK View Post

            He traveled the exact same time as everyone else. Kenni Harrison also traveled the same time, as did Rayven Saunders. Expectations are definitely higher for the US team though.
            MJ to me is not an objective analyst like Ato. I’m watching other American athletes performing quite well to me. Lane 7 is a serious lane for ET to challenge the WR. All she needs now is a little wind and nice weather and all the stars will be in alignment to do it. She is giving me the MJ 96, Bolt 08-09 vibes. We are truly watching something special. I just watched the semifinals again. ET is in majestic form, the form of Flo Jo, Bolt and MJ. That’s the kind of form I reserve for athletes in this kind of shape.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Weights&Shoes View Post

              What happened to Gabby's 21.6?!?!
              Being fair, she ran that in the final, not the semi of the U.S. Championship. She has one more round to show her Eugene time was legit.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by J2thaD View Post

                Being fair, she ran that in the final, not the semi of the U.S. Championship. She has one more round to show her Eugene time was legit.
                Also for reference:

                USOT Semis - 21.94 (+1.8)
                Olympic Semis - 22.01 (+0.3)

                Comment


                • people, let’s withhold judgment about the two namibian youngsters until we know more. if it’s true that they’re XX women with elevated T levels, that’s a totally different situation than seyni or semenya.

                  even chand, i never understood the panic about her. she’s just not that fast. she might be a DSD case, but somehow it doesn’t translate into an advantage in her case.

                  Comment


                  • Holy crap, WTF was that by Thompson-Herah?? That WR is surely gone.

                    This is a race for silver, but it'll still be interesting to see the rest battle it out. I'm sticking with my SAFP pick but I underestimated Mboma. She's a huge wild card and could potentially run something silly - not ETH level silly though, at least not yet.

                    Thomas, Ta Lou and SMU are the only other contenders as I see it, in order of their likelihood of medalling. They all looked pretty maxxed out though - Thomas ran that semi harder than that 21.61...

                    Despite the hype, we may only see 3 people below 22 seconds in the race, and one of the biggest margins of victory ever. ETH is having a 1988 Flo Jo/ 2009 Bolt type championship.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Vault-emort View Post

                      Please start to believe in science instead of social media causes
                      With all due respect, Namibian officials have said that both athletes are biologically female, but naturally produce more testosterone. So, yes, they are DSD but they are still XX. This is different to Caster Semenya who is biologically XY.

                      Unless, Namibia is lying, I don’t think people should be questioning their entry in the women’s 200m race.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by J2thaD View Post

                        Being fair, she ran that in the final, not the semi of the U.S. Championship. She has one more round to show her Eugene time was legit.
                        That’s true but go back and watch it again she was laboring coming down the stretch. I don’t see a 21.6 or anything close to it. There has to be some truth to this Eugene thing. I distinctly remember in 2015 when Gatlin was running super fast in the 100m and 200m. Gatlin ran 19.57 at trials and then 19.84 in Beijing. Cmon ppl be objective here. That’s way off. This is just one example. We can’t use the travel excuse.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Vault-emort View Post

                          Please start to believe in science instead of social media causes
                          You should probably learn what science means before making yourself look like a triggered moron.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by chukuyute View Post

                            That’s true but go back and watch it again she was laboring coming down the stretch. I don’t see a 21.6 or anything close to it. There has to be some truth to this Eugene thing. I distinctly remember in 2015 when Gatlin was running super fast in the 100m and 200m. Gatlin ran 19.57 at trials and then 19.84 in Beijing. Cmon ppl be objective here. That’s way off. This is just one example. We can’t use the travel excuse.
                            I don't disagree. Eugene has a long history of inflated times, that the sprinters are unable to reproduce.

                            Comment


                            • "Inflated times"

                              Yeah, ok.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by runningforpi View Post
                                With all due respect, Namibian officials have said that both athletes are biologically female, but naturally produce more testosterone. So, yes, they are DSD but they are still XX. This is different to Caster Semenya who is biologically XY.

                                Unless, Namibia is lying, I don’t think people should be questioning their entry in the women’s 200m race.
                                They were excluded from the women's 400m, which means they are XY. The CAS decision said the testo restriction doesn't apply to XX women. They should be excluded from the women's 200m for the same reason they're excluded from the 400m.
                                Last edited by 18.99s; 08-02-2021, 01:16 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X