Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

¶ 2021 wOG 200: Elaine Thompson-Herah (Jamaica) 21.53 (WL)

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just watched the SFs again and I agree with whoever said SAFP's race looked the easiest after Thompson. Ta Lou, Thomas, SMU and Mboma were all pushing harder.

Mboma still remains the unknown factor, she might do a 21.8, but SAFP does look better than SMU, Ta Lou and Thomas for sure.

Comment

• Yeah that was me...ETH should win this easily, but I'm not quite sure she will run a WR. Could be in the 21.4 - 21.5 range, which is still phenomenal. Would love to see her get the WR though. SAFP is in pristine form too, should be in and around her PB. Gonna say 21.7 for her. Bronze, not sure...Mboma has beaten Gabby in back-to-back races but that semi was telling, Thomas was working but was beaten into second and walked down in the strongest part of her race. SMU and Ta Lou are there too, if Miller-Uibo can run a better first 100, she will be in the mix. I'll stick with Mboma for the bronze in 21.9, SMU 4th in 22.0, followed by Ta Lou and Thomas not far behind in 22.1 ish.

Comment

• Originally posted by 18.99s View Post

They were excluded from the women's 400m, which means they are XY. The CAS decision said the testo restriction doesn't apply to XX women. They should be excluded from the women's 200m for the same reason they're excluded from the 400m.
        Wasn’t the decision based upon WA Eligibility rules? If so the guidance doesn’t specifically denote xx or xy. It does state certain conditions such as ovotesticular disorder which does present as a 46 XX. This could be the case with the Namibian runners.

It is bad enough their sexual make up is being scrutinized. just think it is concerning that it is being inferred that they are male when they aren’t
        (as claimed by their team officials).

Comment

• Originally posted by Track78 View Post
          Yeah that was me...ETH should win this easily, but I'm not quite sure she will run a WR. Could be in the 21.4 - 21.5 range, which is still phenomenal. Would love to see her get the WR though. SAFP is in pristine form too, should be in and around her PB. Gonna say 21.7 for her. Bronze, not sure...Mboma has beaten Gabby in back-to-back races but that semi was telling, Thomas was working but was beaten into second and walked down in the strongest part of her race. SMU and Ta Lou are there too, if Miller-Uibo can run a better first 100, she will be in the mix. I'll stick with Mboma for the bronze in 21.9, SMU 4th in 22.0, followed by Ta Lou and Thomas not far behind in 22.1 ish.
          Now that Gabby has first-hand experience racing both ETH and Mboma, I think she’ll pull it together and end up on the podium.

Comment

• Thompson, SMU, Thomas

Mboma can spoil any of the medals though (yes even gold)

Comment

• Originally posted by ATK View Post
              Thompson, SMU, Thomas

Mboma can spoil any of the medals though (yes even gold)
              I don't think 3 (or 4) people are beating SAFP imo. She cruised to her 22.13 in semi #1.

Comment

• Originally posted by chukuyute View Post
                MJ to me is not an objective analyst like Ato.
                Ato Objective? That made me laugh.

Comment

• Originally posted by runningforpi View Post

Wasn’t the decision based upon WA Eligibility rules? If so the guidance doesn’t specifically denote xx or xy. It does state certain conditions such as ovotesticular disorder which does present as a 46 XX. This could be the case with the Namibian runners.
                  From the third paragraph on page 1:
                  https://www.tas-cas.org/fileadmin/us...F_decision.pdf
                  Originally posted by CAS
                  The DSD covered by the Regulations are limited to athletes with “46 XY DSD” – i.e. conditions where the affected individual has XY chromosomes. Accordingly, individuals with XX chromosomes are not subject to any restrictions or eligibility conditions under the DSD Regulations.

Comment

• Let's be honest any guesses aside from Thompson at this point are splitting hairs. I don't think anyone would be surprised with any combination of Thompson, SAFP, Ta Lou, Thomas, SMU and Mboma as the top 3.

Pick your favorites and close your eyes for 21-22 seconds.

Comment

• Originally posted by reggaeirie1234 View Post
                      Elaine ends the night as the new world record holder.
                      I could be wrong, but I don't see anything faster than 21.40. I see another 0.2 and more than that is icing. 21.46.
                      Last edited by 1.609; 08-02-2021, 02:24 PM.

Comment

• True. One thing is for certain...with Mboma sandwiched between SAFP and Ta Lou, it will be quite the sight as they are going to absolutely leave her in the dust that first 50 to 100m. And then she will come storming back, I think might catch Ta Lou but Shelly might be too far gone.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1.609 View Post

I could be wrong, but I don't see anything faster than 21.40. I see another 0.2 and more than that is icing. 21.46.
                          That’s the thing when Athletes are in this rare form you cannot see their finals time. I remember everyone being shocked at MJ 19.32 after running 19.6 in the semi I think. Same with Bolt in 09 after his 100m, Flojo 21.5 in the semi. Cmon bro you got to recognize this kind of form when u see it. It’s not normal. We can just gauge her time but I believe it’s gonna look unbelievable after the race. A superhuman 21.2 is not out of the realm. Being in 10.5 form screams world record. I’ve watch her semi now over 5 times. Go back and watch Flojo and MJ semifinals run before their finals unbelievable times. Believe what you are seeing.
                          Last edited by chukuyute; 08-02-2021, 02:49 PM.

Comment

• Thompson looks a class apart. SAFP will probably be second. SMU made a HUGE mistake to compete in this event as opposed to the 400. The US trio looks way subpar compared to what they did at the trials. Thomas might be a distant third at best.
                            Last edited by tm71; 08-02-2021, 02:59 PM.

Comment

• Omg I just watched Flojo semifinal run of 21.56. ET 21.66 looks even sicker. Go back and look how they both ran it.

Comment

• totally OT but hubbard bombed out of the WL competition, with NM.

Comment

Working...
                                X