Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

¶ 2021 wOG 200: Elaine Thompson-Herah (Jamaica) 21.53 (WL)

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lexvid View Post
    Amazed at ETH. Happy for Thomas. Don't know what to make of Mbomba yet but good for her. What happened to SMU?!
    Well said.

Good for Gabby Thomas. Guess the 21.6 was no Oregon fluke.

Comment

• Mbomba is either going to break the world record in this event in the next 3 years or be banned from competing in the shorter distances too.

Comment

• And the legal battles begin! Mboma is going to make a mockery of the women's 200 if not stopped fast enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATK View Post
          Gabby Thomas doubters?
          I don't think anyone was doubting her, but she was still over 1/4 second down on her Eugene time. Thompson and Mboma, on the other hand, set PBs.

Amazing race. Amazing times. SMU never in it and must be regretting her decision to run this event. Thomas able to lift herself in the last 50m and overtake SAFP, sub 22 and no medal! Mboma was amazing but Thompson...wowser. I do think the shoes have made all the difference and those with Nike etx are definitely gaining something, but that doesn't take anything away from the race.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trickstat View Post

She was so far back at 100m that the first 4 were out of reach.
            On a very good day (and no 400), we would have expected her to make a mad dash like Mboma did.

What was Mboma's final 100? Flo ran 10.16. Schippers and Thomas both ran 10.4. What was ETH's final 100?
            Last edited by CookyMonzta; 08-03-2021, 02:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by beebee View Post
              1) ETH
              2)Mboma
              3)Thomas

WR watch : )
              well I missed on the WR : )

Comment

• Looks like we got a new bemfp for 3d, 4th and 7th places.

Comment

• Originally posted by Illini2k7 View Post
                  Mbomba is either going to break the world record in this event in the next 3 years or be banned from competing in the shorter distances too.
                  When WA completes their studies for the sprints she will be restricted to the long distance events

Comment

• Mboma setting WR next year, whether inofficial or official.

Comment

• After that SMU must be relieved she hasn't got Mboma in the 400.

Comment

• Thompson was simply a class apart! Mboma's last 50 was ridiculously lightning fast lol! Thomas looked like she was ready to die out there fighting for a medal!

Comment

• Originally posted by CookyMonzta View Post

And she was rewarded with 21.87. So, maybe the Eugene performance was no fluke after all.
                          She did good but cmon bro she ran the second fastest time ever at Eugene and then ran a 21.87 in Tokyo. That’s way off. Be fair. Thompson PB but nowhere near 21.34. So I was way off

Comment

• Originally posted by tm71 View Post
                            When WA completes their studies for the sprints she will be restricted to the long distance events
                            But we don't know how long that will take to complete. If it's a 2-year legal battle, sub-21 is going to happen.

Comment

• Fraser-Pryce way off her winning time from Jamaican nationals. Has to be counted as a miserable failure.

Comment

• Originally posted by tm71 View Post

That is exactly what I implied with my post pages ago. Had she run as fast as the others in the first 100, we might have seen a 21.0x or even 20.99 today. That would have set off all sorts of alarm bells.

Comment

Working...
                                X