Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

¶ 2021 wOG 200: Elaine Thompson-Herah (Jamaica) 21.53 (WL)

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    What are the chances Elaine breaks the 200m WR? Hitting 24.67 mph (faster than Flo Jo), looks like the slowest deceleration.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by upchuckserious View Post
      Elaine is arguably quicker right now than Flo-Jo was at the 1988 Olympics
      her shoes certainly are . . .

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Atticus View Post
        her shoes certainly are . . .
        Not this again. Wondering...are the men using these shoes too? Why aren't we seeing 9.7s? Honest question.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Track78 View Post
          Not this again. Wondering...are the men using these shoes too? Why aren't we seeing 9.7s? Honest question.
          Look at who the men are. Then look at who the women are.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Atticus View Post
            Look at who the men are. Then look at who the women are.
            This is a good point. No one in the Men's field is likely ever to be considered the GOAT or within a couple strides of the GOAT. The shoes may propel them to better times but not record-setting times.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by _Jay View Post

              Other than your gut feeling, What have we seen that tells us Jackson will beat her here?
              I think because of the speed that Jackson was finishing and the way SAFP was under pressure. I can see the same in the 200m

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                Look at who the men are. Then look at who the women are.
                I'm not sure i follow and im not trying to play dumb. Genuinely confused why DeGrasse isn't running 9.7...but maybe I am speaking too soon.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Wiederganger View Post

                  I think because of the speed that Jackson was finishing and the way SAFP was under pressure. I can see the same in the 200m
                  An interesting fact about Shericka Jackson in that 100m: her top end speed was slower than both Elaine and Shelly. She did, however, maintain her top end better than Shelly in the final moments of the race for the same reason she did against Elaine at the Jamaican champs: Shelly started to push her body forward and lost momentum.

                  https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...-olympics.html

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Track78 View Post
                    I'm not sure i follow and im not trying to play dumb. Genuinely confused why DeGrasse isn't running 9.7...but maybe I am speaking too soon.
                    DeGrasse will/should ran faster, as will others, but they are not the sprinters that these women are. It's a banner year for women, a reload year for the men. If Bolt were running, you'd have seen a 9.7x, easing up in the 1st round. A peak Gatlin as well.

                    We REALLY miss not having Coleman here.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by booond View Post
                      Jackson finished the 100 strong. She is definitely in the mix. Will SAFP run the 200 or back out knowing she can't win and may not medal?
                      Say what?

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Track78 View Post

                        Not this again. Wondering...are the men using these shoes too? Why aren't we seeing 9.7s? Honest question.
                        We haven't seen the semi and final for the men. So it's still possible that we will.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                          DeGrasse will/should ran faster, as will others, but they are not the sprinters that these women are. It's a banner year for women, a reload year for the men. If Bolt were running, you'd have seen a 9.7x, easing up in the 1st round. A peak Gatlin as well.

                          We REALLY miss not having Coleman here.
                          Coleman is suspended and for good reason and I don't miss him at all, sorry.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Jackson will be more of a force here than she already was in the 100m. SMU will also make more noise than we expect. Seems everyone from the 100m, except DAS, will be doubling back here so the field remains stacked. Prandini not looking great in the 100m, but her 200m races have been much better than her 100m so lets see if she can make her first championship final.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by ATK View Post
                              Jackson will be more of a force here than she already was in the 100m. SMU will also make more noise than we expect. Seems everyone from the 100m, except DAS, will be doubling back here so the field remains stacked. Prandini not looking great in the 100m, but her 200m races have been much better than her 100m so lets see if she can make her first championship final.
                              Prandini literally looked just like she did at the Trials here in the 100!

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by gm View Post

                                Prandini literally looked just like she did at the Trials here in the 100!
                                Not exactly:

                                Trials:
                                11.11 (-1.0)

                                Olympics
                                11.11 (-0.2)
                                11.11 (0.0)

                                IMO, if you have made no improvement (gone slightly backwards) thats not too great. Even worse is the women she will be running against in the 200m, she already ran against in the 100m, so theres no guess work on where they are at relative to each other.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X