Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

¶ 2021 wOG 200: Elaine Thompson-Herah (Jamaica) 21.53 (WL)

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The finals here have the possibility of being something really special. There are so many women here who could run 21.7x or faster and if ETH is capable of replicating the form she showed in the 100m, she might have an outside shot at the WR.

Comment

If she is in Flo Jo's zip code over 100m and perhaps faster than she was in Seoul, ETH can absolutely get down to 21.3 to 21.4, but it will depend on her speed endurance over the last 100.

I don't think anyone else can go there but SAFP, SJ, SMU and GT can all run in the 21.6 range. SJ is the big wildcard...cause she has the speed and the 400m strength.

Comment

ETH just ran a 10.57 basic while easing to celebrate. She’s absolutely in position to challenge the world record and to be honest I’m expecting it. I don’t believe in Gaby Thomas and I don’t think she will challenge for a medal. But, I hope I’m wrong. Would be awesome to see her try and break up a second Jamaican sweep.

Comment

Originally posted by hipNrip View Post
          ETH just ran a 10.57 basic while easing to celebrate. She’s absolutely in position to challenge the world record and to be honest I’m expecting it. I don’t believe in Gaby Thomas and I don’t think she will challenge for a medal. But, I hope I’m wrong. Would be awesome to see her try and break up a second Jamaican sweep.
          Slow down there. Gabby Thomas not challenging for a medal? thats a bit much. While this will be Gabby's 1st major championship, she definitely gives off a mentally tough vibe and I expect her to be one of the few Americans to step up. On paper she's 100% a medal threat. We Will have to see how the 1st 2 rounds go. I think it's ET, SMU, SJ and ET battling for medals. SAFP is the one I think won't challenge for a medal, sadly.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Lover Lover View Post

I was about to say...21.6 may well win the Gold medal.
            21.6 might be a bronze

Comment

Originally posted by Wiederganger View Post
              .I can see the same in the 200m
              Finishing fast for a bronze?

I agree with that

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post

We REALLY miss not having Coleman here.
                No we dont.

You might but for me Coleman is a cheat and a liar who was caught with his hand in the cookie jar .

and deservedly back in the USA.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuariki View Post

No we dont.

You might but for me Coleman is a cheat and a liar who was caught with his hand in the cookie jar .

This is the correct take.

Comment

So I'm looking at the start-list and I notice there's a lot of empty lanes. You usually don't see that in a major championship, especially the Olympics.

https://www.worldathletics.org/compe...s/heats/result

Also, it reminded me.....what about the 2 Namibian women? especially Mbomba after that amazing 400m run. Also based off how they ran in the 100m, I'm expecting huge PB's for both Ta Lou and Kambundji.

Comment

I'm looking st the start lists and wondering why so many big names have lane 2 or a shit lane:

SMU - 3
                      Schippers- 2
                      Kambundji- 8
                      Thomas- 2
                      Jackson 2
                      Prandini- 2

Comment

As long as the men's 100m blocks from lane 2 don't get carted into the women's 200 lane 2...

Comment

Originally posted by Steele View Post
                          As long as the men's 100m blocks from lane 2 don't get carted into the women's 200 lane 2...
                          Lmaoooooo

Comment

Originally posted by Tuariki View Post

No we dont.

I already said the same, but he is guilty and a cheater.

Comment

Originally posted by Weights&Shoes View Post

Slow down there. Gabby Thomas not challenging for a medal? thats a bit much. While this will be Gabby's 1st major championship, she definitely gives off a mentally tough vibe and I expect her to be one of the few Americans to step up. On paper she's 100% a medal threat. We Will have to see how the 1st 2 rounds go. I think it's ET, SMU, SJ and ET battling for medals. SAFP is the one I think won't challenge for a medal, sadly.
                              Of course on paper Gaby is a favorite to medal. Prior to last nights 100, I’d even say she was a favorite for gold. But I don’t believe she can duplicate those 3 amazing runs from the US trials and I think her sitting out of races between then and now was a massive mistake (unless it was unavoidable due to injury, in which case another reason to doubt). Given the pressure and competition, I expect her to fade when it counts.

Comment

Originally posted by Weights&Shoes View Post
                                So I'm looking at the start-list . . . . .
                                Not seeing real matchups in the first round, unless Schippers suddenly finds form. The contenders were well-distributed.
                                I'm guessing there will be some "witty" comments about heat 4.

Comment

Working...
                                X