Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Re: Sanya Richards is da bomb

Sorry Randy. Have to disagree. Sanya ran a very intelligent leg. Sanya is very fast, probably faster than both her pursuers. She simply saved that speed until when she needed it most.

A valiant effort also by Allison Beckford (Jam)on leg 2. She brought Jamaica from about 7th to 3rd after a disappointing opening leg from the veteran Sandie Richards.

Leave a comment:

• tafnut

• tafnut
    replied

RT, I most emphatically disagree! Had she charged hard from the start to 'keep herself out of trouble', she most probably would have tied up in the end and gotten passed by some very experienced persuers. I repeat, she ran the perfect leg.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Her leg may have been even-paced, but was risky. By allowing herself to get 'sucked in' by pursuers she also risked getting tripped, bumped, knocked, or whatever.
    And it's almost IMPOSSIBLE to get the IAAF to declare a major infraction and order a re-run. This ain't Florida High School or NCAA, nobody has your fair interests in mind.
    "Richards got lucky in coming out 'clean' on the final straightaway.

At this level, if you're handed the baton with the lead, it's important to not let competitors draw even with you unless your competitor is at an obvious suicidal pace- if you do, LOTS of bad stuff can happen. "

How do YOU think she should have ran the leg Randy? I happen to think that she did a phenomenal job and that she ran as best and as fast as she possibly could. Are you inferring that she should have just "ran away" from the other runners from the start? As if these were just some punk quarter milers or something. I don't remember the Russian's name, but she was in the final, and Lorraine Fenton is no joke either. Sanya held her own the best way she knew how and made sure she had something for the homestretch. Way to go.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

well, randy...from the start to the 400m - what a negative authority you are!

Leave a comment:

• waynehobley

• waynehobley
    replied

Yeah your right she is incredible. I remember the first time I spoke to her and she didn't like the 400 and at the time she was the best in the nation at 100 & 200 and look at her now she is the best at 400 and still one of the best at 100 & 200. She has come a long way. Congratulations to her.

Leave a comment:

• Randy Treadway

• Randy Treadway
    replied

Her leg may have been even-paced, but was risky. By allowing herself to get 'sucked in' by pursuers she also risked getting tripped, bumped, knocked, or whatever.
    And it's almost IMPOSSIBLE to get the IAAF to declare a major infraction and order a re-run. This ain't Florida High School or NCAA, nobody has your fair interests in mind.
    Richards got lucky in coming out 'clean' on the final straightaway.

At this level, if you're handed the baton with the lead, it's important to not let competitors draw even with you unless your competitor is at an obvious suicidal pace- if you do, LOTS of bad stuff can happen.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

wow! what a great leg...from the usatf florida youth athlete of the year (2002) and elite athlete of the year (2003)

Leave a comment:

• tafnut

• tafnut
    started a topic Sanya Richards is da bomb

Sanya Richards is da bomb

Having just seen ABC's tape-delayed (how stupid!!)coverage, I am more impressed with Sanya's intelligence and composure, than even her obvious talent! She could not have run a better paced anchor leg.
Working...
X