Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brussels DL 21

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Brussels DL 21

    Although the Start Lists aren't up, they've released some high-profile names:

    Elaine Thompson
    Sifan Hassan
    Nafi Thiam
    Mariya Lasitskene
    Nicola McDermott
    Yaroslava Mahuchikh
    Mondo Duplantis
    Chris Nilsen
    Karsten Warholm
    Alison dos Santos
    Jakob Ingebrigtsen
    Daniel Stahl
    Simon Petterson
    Valarie Allman
    Kristin Pudenz
    Yaime Perez
    Jasmine Camacho-Quinn
    Megan Tapper
    Shericka Jackson
    Dina Asher-Smith
    Christine Mboma
    Keely Hodgkinson
    Laura Muir
    Hellen Obiri
    Letensebet Gidey
    Kirani James
    Fred Kerley
    Michael Norman
    Michael Cherry

    Liemarvin Bonevacia

    m/wDT is Wednesday, the rest is Friday, starting at 1:30pm ET (main prgm). Peacock and NBCSC will carry at 2.

    NB - women's 5000 AND 10000!

    https://brussels.diamondleague.com/n...pische-spelen/

    https://brussels.diamondleague.com/e...ults-brussels/

  • #2
    I believe ETH runs the 200M here against Shericka Jackson and Mboma.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by FleetingRedux View Post
      I believe ETH runs the 200M here against Shericka Jackson and Mboma.
      no 100, so DAS is running this too. That's half the entrants.

      Comment


      • #4
        Supposedly, Sifan Hassan to chase Gidey's 10,000 WR.
        It starts 50 minutes before the Peacock/NBCSN TV window; we'll probably her coming down the homestretch.
        The time schedule is screwed up, BTW, M PV at 19:30 (between 18:34 and 18:56) is listed before the Opening Ceremony at 19:00.
        The W 1500 is a Mile. BTW, in an Athletics Weekly article, Francine Niyonsaba was quoted as saying her next meet is Brussels, where she'll run the 1500!
        Cheers,
        Alan Shank

        Comment


        • #5
          Thanks, but what does NB mean?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by steveu View Post

            Thanks, but what does NB mean?
            It's an initialism for "nota bene", which is Latin for "note well".

            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nota_bene

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Alan Shank View Post
              Supposedly, Sifan Hassan to chase Gidey's 10,000 WR.
              It starts 50 minutes before the Peacock/NBCSN TV window; we'll probably her coming down the homestretch.
              The time schedule is screwed up, BTW, M PV at 19:30 (between 18:34 and 18:56) is listed before the Opening Ceremony at 19:00.
              The W 1500 is a Mile. BTW, in an Athletics Weekly article, Francine Niyonsaba was quoted as saying her next meet is Brussels, where she'll run the 1500!
              Cheers,
              Alan Shank
              Hassan has the medals but Gidey has the records.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Davidokun View Post

                It's an initialism for "nota bene", which is Latin for "note well".

                https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nota_bene
                Aka FYI or Heads Up

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by dupontred View Post
                  Aka FYI or Heads Up
                  Yup. In today's argot - :Check this out.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post

                    Hassan has the medals but Gidey has the records.
                    You can lose a WR, but not a medal - unless you test positive within 10 years.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
                      You can lose a WR, but not a medal - unless you test positive within 10 years.
                      Covid had better NOT still be around in 10 years!!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Tuariki View Post

                        You can lose a WR, but not a medal - unless you test positive within 10 years.
                        "Anyone can break the world record, but the gold medal is mine." It took him a few days to lose that medal.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Hassan looked pretty tired in her 5k, not sure she will have the horsepower to take down the 10k record. Looks like both she and Giday are going to have their hands full with Niyonsaba.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by TrackFanSUI

                            The 100? Are you sure?
                            Just checked out the schedule
                            https://brussels.diamondleague.com/p...aten-brussels/

                            If i‘m not wrong Vrouwen is Women and there i can find only the 200m and the 100m Men.
                            Trayvon Bromell will perform there too btw.
                            re-read the posts. DAS is running the 200m because there is no 100m for women.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Steele View Post
                              Hassan looked pretty tired in her 5k, not sure she will have the horsepower to take down the 10k record. Looks like both she and Giday are going to have their hands full with Niyonsaba.
                              Is Niyonsaba announced in Brussels?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X