X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lonewolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Atticus View Post

Just got an e-mail from "The Athletics Assn", the quasi-union formed by pro T&Fers. It asks members to ask WA for change to this ridiculous format.
    YESSSS!!!!!!!!! We shall overcome.

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    The other option is not having field events at all.... go on strike and find out.

Pre the most well funded DL meet had only 2 field events per gender.
    Last edited by Conor Dary; 09-07-2021, 01:16 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Another unintended consequence of this 'funner' format, no-jumps.
    Just got an e-mail from "The Athletics Assn", the quasi-union formed by pro T&Fers. It asks members to ask WA for change to this ridiculous format.

We have been in conversation with the Diamond League organisers for the past year, highlighting our opposition to the "Final Three" trial that they ran this year . . .

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Originally posted by eightsevensix View Post
    Your thoughts on Vashti and Sydney when they compete?
    I can certainly make a distinction, but I've already been asked to lay off L, and I will honor that request.

Leave a comment:

• polevaultpower
    replied
    Sidorova cried when she was on the podium for Worlds, but in my head she was crying in shame at not being able to wear the Russian kit and having to hear the Hunger Games theme instead of her National Anthem. Maybe that was her happy tears though, IDK.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by Davidokun View Post

I don't pretend that I know her just from watching her compete. I haven't offered my opinion on her demeanor because nobody cares.
    The more people yacked about She'Carrie's demeanor, da meaner dey got. It was like a whirlpool going down a large sewer.

Leave a comment:

• eightsevensix
    replied
    After she won . . . During, she looked like she was waiting for a root canal.
    Your thoughts on Vashti and Sydney when they compete?

Leave a comment:

• ATK
    replied
    If you follow Lasitskene on instagram, you would see nothing but smiles from her all the time, both in her posts and stories.

Leave a comment:

• Davidokun
    replied
    Obviously, you like her a lot - and her demeanor - that's great!
    I don't pretend that I know her just from watching her compete. I haven't offered my opinion on her demeanor because nobody cares.

Leave a comment:

• wamego relays champ
    replied
    Sorry, I do not like sour demeanors.
    Act like you appreciate the extraordinary circumstance you've been given and the people around you that make up the environment you love so much.
    The all-business approach is not unlike the football admonition that upon reaching the end zone, the player should “act like you’ve been there before.” Especially in an event like the high jump, where mind games are a part of the landscape.

While it may not be pc to quote Bill Cosby, his routine on the high jump pointed out the common practice after a clearance of pretending that it really wasn’t a good jump—just to psych out the other competitors.

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    We are all well aware of your opinion. How many times do you have to repeat it?
    Obviously, you like her a lot - and her demeanor - that's great!

Leave a comment:

• Davidokun
    replied
    Act like you appreciate the extraordinary circumstance you've been given and the people around you that make up the environment you love so much.
    We are all well aware of your opinion. How many times do you have to repeat it?

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Originally posted by TN1965 View Post
    heck her reaction to clearing 2.02 and 2.04. That was nothing like what we had seen before.
    Good point!

Good grief, man. Two-time world indoor champ, three-time world champ, Olympic champ, equal fourth highest indoor jump all-time, equal fourth highest jump all-time, and you're still whining about her demeanor? Get over it!

Her accomplishments are a completely different story - I like them a lot.

Leave a comment:

• jeremyp
    replied
    Originally posted by beebee View Post

Very true...but man her last 50 is like a train lol.
    man? A double entendre?

Leave a comment:

• TN1965
    replied
    1.23 on this video.

ROC's Maria Lasitskene marks Olympic debut with high jump gold in Tokyo | NBC Sports - YouTube

Leave a comment:

Working...
X