Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Montler 1cm in front of McC now, 8.15 to 8.14.
    Might be three Swedish men advancing to Go!

Comment

• 2:26 last kilometer.

Comment

• Originally posted by JMysterio View Post
        I rather fancy this setup for field events. Not as big as a stadium but it's more intimate and the focus is all on the field events.
        I also like the smaller final field. 12 is too much
        I agree. These were DL innovations I totally approve of. Even the 'irregular' 5000s.

Comment

• 6.96 in Span's win. Superb technician.

Comment

• The big track was fun to watch.... the obscure finish line was odd....though it didn't effect anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
              The big track was fun to watch.... the obscure finish line was odd....though it didn't effect anything.
              It effected an apoplectic response from aaronk!
              It also affected the finish, as apparently they weren't sure where it was!

Comment

• Watching the women's 5000 made think that Shaunae Miller and Athing Mu should get on their knees and thank God that they compete in protected events. It wouldn't surprise me if DSD athletes win all the track events exvept the 400 and 800 at a global championship in the not-to-distant future.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                  It effected an apoplectic response from aaronk!
                  It also affected the finish, as apparently they weren't sure where it was!
                  Swell.... any other trivial BS thing you want to correct.
                  Last edited by Conor Dary; 09-08-2021, 08:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackFanSUI View Post

Well. I think it depends on the point of view. You can either aim for the sports and the performance aspect. Then the race would be bullshit.
                    but its not what the organisers are targeting.

As you might know. Track and Field is a relative big thing in Switzerland. Probably the biggest sport here after Football (Soccer) or skiing. Thats why we‘re performing quite well for a small european country with 8 Mio population. Compared to other similar countries like Austria. (In relation, Germany is 10x bigger, UK is 7-8x bigger).

The organisers are trying to get even more attention and reach so to get closer to the public community. We‘re trying to bring the sports to the people.
                    Also for those people who aren‘t really in track n field sports and have never watched it. Sechsenläutenplatz is a huge square. One of the biggest in Zurich. Its like if you‘d do the same in Times Square NY or at Piccadilly Circus in London. Many people are going to pass that square automatically. Whether on the way home from work, or just a downtown trip with the kids as a family.

Thats what we‘re intending with this events. To make people watch, who aren't interested in track & field
                    European Championship 2014 in Zurich gave us huge boost for example.

Still, the major part of the competition will be in the stadium, but yeah of course i can understand your point of view.
                    Excellent response, thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
                      Watching the women's 5000 made think that Shaunae Miller and Athing Mu should get on their knees and thank God that they compete in protected events. It wouldn't surprise me if DSD athletes win all the track events exvept the 400 and 800 at a global championship in the not-to-distant future.
                      Yes indeed.

Comment

Yay for Ewen! On to Eugene!
                        Very good! Add her to the list of athletes who have really had a super post-Trials and/or Tokyo campaign (some who did not compete in Tokyo, of course).

Comment

6.96 in Span's win. Superb technician.
                          She has to be one of the most consistent world-class LJers there has ever been, male or female.

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
                            Watching the women's 5000 made think that Shaunae Miller and Athing Mu should get on their knees and thank God that they compete in protected events. It wouldn't surprise me if DSD athletes win all the track events exvept the 400 and 800 at a global championship in the not-to-distant future.
                            let's not pollute a news-based thread with more extraneous meanderings please

Comment

• How incredible is Ryan Crouser?

He had an "off" day today, and still threw over 74 feet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave View Post

Now he looks like AOY. Undefeated, new world record, Olympic champion.
                                Yes.

Comment

Working...
                                X