X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gh
    replied
    Originally posted by Jaguarclaws View Post

Seriously they Gardiner did run after the Olympics I believe plus they other 2 had to travel back from the US and Bahamas. .Jacob’s had several meets close by on his continent with ample time to rest. He didn’t even have to run in Eugene. So he had like almost 2 weeks off before his first race back in Europe.
    let's drop this line of thinking please

Leave a comment:

• jazzcyclist
    replied
    One thing that yesterday made clear is that Hassan has no answer for Kipyegon.

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Originally posted by TN1965 View Post
    This one is in Cayman Islands.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ugland_House
    Clicked on a link at the bottom of the page and discovered that the Corporation Trust Center Building at 1209 North Orange Street in Wilmington, Delaware, is "the registered agent address of at least 285,000 separate American and foreign businesses who operate or trade in the United States."

Their mailman has to have an aching back!

Leave a comment:

• Jaguarclaws
    replied
    Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    What about McLaughlin, SMU and Gardiner? They 'disappeared'. Or were they just tired of training and racing?
    Seriously they Gardiner did run after the Olympics I believe plus they other 2 had to travel back from the US and Bahamas. .Jacob’s had several meets close by on his continent with ample time to rest. He didn’t even have to run in Eugene. So he had like almost 2 weeks off before his first race back in Europe.

Leave a comment:

• TN1965
    replied
    Originally posted by 18.99s View Post

There are companies (not just in BVI and tax havens) that will lease you a virtual or part-time office for under $100/month, where they'll provide you with a business address in their building and receive your mail, and you can rent out a cubicle or conference room by the hour if you need to meet a client face-to-face.

That's how one small building with 20 rooms can host the addresses of 500 businesses. Many self-employed people and small businesses who don't need a full-time physical office will use a place like that so they don't have to use their home address.
    This one is in Cayman Islands.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ugland_House

Leave a comment:

• huntinwr
    replied
    Nice to see Devon Allen get a big win.

Leave a comment:

• SoCal45
    replied
    Originally posted by dukehjsteve View Post
    I'm also getting a bit tired of seeing all these athletes flopping all over the ground. It seems to be a new thing.
    yeah, especially distance races...you would think they all had never run that far/hard in their lives.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    It was a great (or great-great) meet at the top end, with highlights galore.

But in looking at the overall results my gut reaction is that top to bottom this was one of the weakest DL Finals ever, with many-many medalists MIA.

Leave a comment:

• SoCal45
    replied
    Originally posted by 18.99s View Post
    Yesterday was what, the 6th time Little was beaten by Bol this season? It's time for Little to switch to the flat 400m or fix her technique. That flailing arms hurdling style doesn't cut it at this level.
    It was time for that switch long before now.

Leave a comment:

• FleetingRedux
    replied

Thank you Weight and shoes . I have been saying this all along about Jacob’s and Kerley. Jacob’s not racing after the olympics raises some questions for me.
    I would rank Kerley ahead of Jacob.

Leave a comment:

• 18.99s
    replied
    With no physical presence necessary - just an e-mail address?
    There are companies (not just in BVI and tax havens) that will lease you a virtual or part-time office for under $100/month, where they'll provide you with a business address in their building and receive your mail, and you can rent out a cubicle or conference room by the hour if you need to meet a client face-to-face.

That's how one small building with 20 rooms can host the addresses of 500 businesses. Many self-employed people and small businesses who don't need a full-time physical office will use a place like that so they don't have to use their home address.

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Jacob’s not racing after the olympics raises some questions for me.
    What about McLaughlin, SMU and Gardiner? They 'disappeared'. Or were they just tired of training and racing?

Leave a comment:

• Trickstat
    replied
    With no physical presence necessary - just an e-mail address?
    I think they usually have a postal address in the BVI, but what you would find at these addresses I'm really not sure!

Leave a comment:

• Jaguarclaws
    replied
    Originally posted by Weights&Shoes View Post
    Good meet, nice way to wrap up an amazing season. Not sure where this season ranks with others over the past 2 decades but I would say it's up there.

- ETH wrapping up a magical season with another 10.6...loved her IG story with all of the DL Champs at the end.
    - Good to see Kambundji get another PB this late in the season and Del Ponte get another 10.9.
    - VERY happy for DAS...after getting injured at the worst possible time to steadily come back and end just off her PB in 100 shows the form she was in. She was definitely in low 10.7/low 21.7 form pre-injury.
    - Neita with new PBs in both the 100/200. I felt if she had a better lane on the outside in the 200 it would've been much lower.
    - Michael Cherry wrapped up an amazing season and got rewarded with a World Champs bye.
    - Good to see PB's from Amusan and Visser.
    - Mboma needs to fix that 1st 100 and again, I'd love to see her break that WR just to shove it to WA.
    - Great seasons from Kung Fu Kenny, DeGrasse and Kerley. Really want to see how far ADG can go if he ever gets that 1st half of his races.
    - Thrilling finish from Cheriyot and Jakob
    - Hodgekinson wrapping up a breakout year and GBR middle distancing overall looking great on both sides.
    - Devon Allen is rolling. Hopefully this setups next year with WC's on his home track.
    - I definitely felt Hayes' emotion at the end of her 400 race. She's been through a lot of ups and downs this season.

IMO Fred Kerley is the overall #1 in Men's 100 this season. Jacobs didn't race much and while he's the OG Champion and ran a 9.80 to completely shut down, Kerley has continued to run and win races. Jacobs disappearing on the track (not Instagram) just doesn't sit right with me.

As for flags in the Diamond League I don't see the issue and have no problem with it. Athletes are usually introduced by name and country at the start-line in all meets, nothing wrong with repping your home country pride wherever you compete. And in some of the countries these meets are held there's always people in the stands who emigrated and are attending to support their home country like Jamaica, USA etc.
    Thank you Weight and shoes . I have been saying this all along about Jacob’s and Kerley. Jacob’s not racing after the olympics raises some questions for me.

Leave a comment:

• Merner521
    replied
    Originally posted by smj View Post
    I do think it would be nice to see something like cycling where the world champion wears a distinctive jersey all year while they are reigning champ. Champs also wear rainbow stripes on their jersey sleeves for the rest of their career. Similarly national champions wear their national champ jersey while they are reigning champs. It breaks up the parade of trade team kit and for T&F would give a break from races full of the same Nike kit.
    Nike actually does this most years where they have a standard competition uniform for their sponsored athletes, but reigning World Champs get a similar uniform in a different color

Leave a comment:

Working...
X