Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gh View Post
    a news flash from NY Times (wonder how much this will affect aany U.S. athletes who aren't yet in Europe?):
    The European Union removed the United States from its “safe list” of countries whose residents can travel to its 27 member states without requirements such as coronavirus testing and the need to quarantine.
    https://www.consilium.europa.eu/en/p...uld-be-lifted/

"The Council recommendation is not a legally binding instrument. The authorities of the member states remain responsible for implementing the content of the recommendation. They may, in full transparency, lift only progressively travel restrictions towards countries listed."

So the individual countries get to decide what they want to do. Also, Switzerland is not in the EU.
    Last edited by ATK; 09-01-2021, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Of course Switzerland isn't in the EU, but flying from the U.S. to Zürich without landing first in an EU country isn't all that simple.

Comment

If you are fully vaccinated you are good to go....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/trave...ns-summer-faq/

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Shank View Post

Just some more disrespect for the long track distances. I hate this.
          Cheers (sort of),
          Alan Shank
          Woodland, CA, USA
          This is something for the Boost Boston games or other novelty meet, not the finals of the DL, with $$$$$ and wildcards involved. I guess we're luck they didn't make them devil-take-the-hindmost races. I sent strong-objection messages to WA and DL.
          Cheers,
          Alan Shank

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
            Of course Switzerland isn't in the EU, but flying from the U.S. to Zürich without landing first in an EU country isn't all that simple.
            my cousin just flew from New York to Zurich... https://www.kayak.com/flights/NYC-ZR...t=bestflight_a
            had nothing to do with track meet!

Comment

This is something for the Boost Boston games or other novelty meet, not the finals of the DL, with $$$$$ and wildcards involved. I guess we're luck they didn't make them devil-take-the-hindmost races. I sent strong-objection messages to WA and DL.
              Cheers,
              Alan Shank
              I'm sure that will do it.... heaven forbid to make these meets more popular.

The other option is not having the distance races at all....which is where most of the DL season is at already.

Comment

Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
                The other option is not having the distance races at all....which is where most of the DL season is at already.
                If the DL wants distance races, do it before the TV window, or have it end as the show begins. But do not bore us with a wave-light record chase that will almost always end with the light winning.
                If you're going to use the light, set it at a stiff but attainable pace - 3:30 for a 1500 or 13:00 for a 5000.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                  If the DL wants distance races, do it before the TV window, or have it end as the show begins. But do not bore us with a wave-light record chase that will almost always end with the light winning.
                  If you're going to use the light, set it at a stiff but attainable pace - 3:30 for a 1500 or 13:00 for a 5000.
                  It isn't always set at WR pace..at Pre the light for the International Mile was set at something like 3:54.

Comment

Actually that's what they've mostly been doing, except for announced record attempts. If they stream the whole race, I would love them to do it before the TV window. You seem to be proud of your disdain for the distance races, but many of us want to SEE them, all of them. Field fans now have what they want for many meets, dedicated streams. Sprint fans always get to see the whole race. I like to watch all the events, but I want to see my favorite events all the way through. Go to the bathroom, or fix yourself a snack if you're bored!
                    Cheers,
                    Alan Shank

Comment

You seem to be proud of your disdain for the distance races, but many of us want to SEE them, all of them. Field fans now have what they want for many meets, dedicated streams.
                      By all means, dedicate a stream to the pre-window paint-drying competition!
                      I will never admit I actually like really fast and/or championship races; it's my Pre-fandom showing).

Comment

Some of us don't like distance races. Some of us don't like field events. Some of us wish those running the 400mh would run only the flat races. We all don't have the same opinions about how a track meet should be presented and how events are conducted. Your opinion, though you never seem to understand this about any subject, is no more or less important than that of anyone else's.

I'll take distance races on the track any way I can get them.

Comment

New version of Lyles and Sandi‘s song souvenir will be performed by athletics & music passionated swiss kids.

https://zurich.diamondleague.com/en/...te-generation/

Comment

Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post
                            Your opinion, though you never seem to understand this about any subject, is no more or less important than that of anyone else's.
                            I have posted that very sentiment many, many times.
                            Message boards do not convey tone well, but I assure you there is a wry smile on my face as I post most things. The moderator has noted my inability to take much of anything seriously.

Comment

Why couldnt some of the sprints be seperated into day 1 and day 2 like the Old world athletics finals. For instance im sure ETH would probably have had a chance to win both the 100 & 200m if they were seperate days. This scheduling quite frankly is awful.
                              Apparently Ignorance is bliss

Comment

Run the distance races in DL meets first. Those who wish to watch will watch, those who don't won't. It won't affect attendance. so if there is a 5,000 or - dare I even say it - a 10,000 have those run at the beginning. Same with the steeples and then finish the meet with the remainder.

Comment

Working...
                                X